New Year Wishes and Support for a Friend Battling Cancer

Replies
Views
NancyCat

Although I'm a tad bit early, I just wanted to wish each and every one of you the happiest New Year! May 2023 be filled with happiness, hope, love, laughter and most importantly excellent health. I'm praying for all of those that are currently going through health issues right now and to reinforce their warrior spirit! We are not quitters! We are strong (even when we don't feel like we have any strength left) we continue to fight the fight and I say kudos to all of us!

I just found out yesterday that my best friend has anal cancer--quite the shock! The surgeon said that he removed most of the mass, but couldn't get rid of all of it as he said that he would have had to cut into the muscle and then he would be incontinent. He is due to start 6 weeks of daily radiation and then on to 2-3 weeks of chemo after that so please send prayers and positive vibes for him please. So, while my best friend is in Florida and I'm in Illinois, it has led to some very challenging emotions. Then I made the mistake of eating an orange this morning and I've been paid back by my stoma Louise all day-she can be such a bit** sometimes! Never again says the woman who will more than likely try it again next holiday season-ha!

I will continue to try my best to be supportive and helpful whenever and wherever I can, and hopefully with some humor along the way. I must say that I've met some very interesting people on this site--the con man who wanted me to send him money, the UK man that invited me to come and stay with him for a month and then "ghosted" me and left the site, the guy that couldn't seem to get his story straight about whether he had an ostomy or an ileostomy and many more that I don't really intend to go into at this point--lol. All were very interesting characters--lol. But I thank all of the "regular" members for keeping me afloat during this past year.

Happy New Year!

AlexT

Happy new year to you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello NancyCat. 

A happy New Year to you too, although for me, each New Year begins with the winter solstice, so you are not early with your greetings. 

Best wishes

Bill

SallyK

Happy New Year!

ron in mich

Happy New Year

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

Happy New Year to you too! Sorry to hear about your friend. I am curious; what happens when you eat an orange??

Terry

NancyCat
Reply to TerryLT

Hiya delgirl:

The white of the orange that you can never seem to get off all the way makes your output so thick! I could actually feel the pieces of the orange coming out of my stoma, and from the outside of my pouch, I had to literally keep pulling the orange remnants out of my stoma--and emptying it was also very difficult as there were pieces of the orange still inside my pouch (no matter how much I chewed it). It was just awful! Eek! From now on, I will stick with orange juice--lol

Bill
Reply to TerryLT

I do like to observe curiosity in people as they often ask questions I hadn't thought of for myself, yet they evoke answers that I am intrigued to hear. 

Best wishes

Bill

TerryLT
Reply to NancyCat

Wow, I can see why you would avoid them! It's always surprising how different all of our reactions are to the same foods.

Terry

Redondo

Happy new year and wishing you and everyone the best of health and happiness.