Seeking Recommendations for Best Colostomy Bags

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Virgo68

I'm a fairly new ostomate and have been practicing a lot with changing my bags. I've been using Hollister one-piece bags for about 4-5 months but I have a hernia which makes the adhesive wrinkle and it doesn't last as long as I would like. I tried using a sample of the convex Sensura bag but it already leaked after the first day. Looking for recommendations about which bags seem to be the best. I already know I don't like the two-piece bags either because they come unsnapped. Any ideas?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I use Hollister and have a hernia. I get 4 days on a bag but could probably push it more if I wanted to. Do you use a flat bag or convex?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Virgo68
Reply to AlexT

For the Hollister, I use a flat bag. I don't think they make an inward convex bag. They sent me a sample one that curves outwards. I like the Hollister but was just curious as to what others might recommend. I can get four and possibly five days from the Hollister too. I guess that's as good as it can get.

AlexT
Reply to Virgo68

Not sure what "best" is, it's all kind of individual preference. I can't stand bags with no cloth/tape edge so I stick with Hollister, never an issue.

SallyK

I have been using Coloplast Sensura Mio Click two-piece convex for almost 3 years now with no issues. Good luck.

(PS my tummy is not flat but I find the wafers mold to its shape.)

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT
Reply to Virgo68

Hollister definitely makes convex pouches. I use the #8958, which is a soft convex, one-piece, and I get five days wear time, and can stretch it to six. There is a hard convex also, but I find the soft convex is more comfortable and gives you the same protection.

Terry

gisele76

Currently, I am using Coloplast Sensura Mio Deep Convex One Piece. I also have a hernia, but the bags designed for that didn't work for me. I would try samples. I also use convex rings, Bravas, and Sure Seals. Good luck!

harry113
Reply to Virgo68

Hollister makes a one piece convex bag #82711 that works well for me. Call them and they will send you some samples. They will also help you pick the right bag for you.