Managing Bathroom After Barbie Butt Surgery

Replies
Views
Barbiedoll34c

Ladies, this is for you. After having Barbie Butt surgery, how do you pee? This sounds like a very painful surgery, so wondering how you even manage to make it to the toilet. And if you do, how do you not pee on your new tush? Surgery is happening this coming Monday, and it seems all I do is think about what I am going to be facing!

AlexT

Good luck on your surgery.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon

If no ladies respond, I have a friend I can ask for you.

Hairdresser

Hi Barbiedoll34c.

I have an ileostomy for 22 years now. I also have a "Barbie butt" and I never remember having any problem peeing after surgery. I'm not sure why you would think you would have a problem? Yes, Barbie butt surgery does suck and hurt a lot but just take it slow!! No donut pillows, regular soft pillows are the best to sit on. When laying down, lay on your side.
I wish you nothing but health and a speedy recovery! God bless! Keep us posted please!

eefyjig

Very carefully until you're fully healed! It is a good question - I just remember I managed without too much difficulty. I suppose if it is an issue for you, you can pee into something while standing up until you feel more comfortable sitting on the toilet.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CrappyColon
Reply to eefyjig

Without having that surgery myself, do you think something like a "Squatty Potty" might help angle things better? I know my female colorectal surgeon is a big fan of any version of a Squatty Potty in general for patients.

Bob 48

So, your question is, "Is it okay to sit on the toilet to pee?" My surgeon told me not to sit on the toilet for at least 6 weeks. I only do it if kneeling or squatting is out of the question for various reasons. Finally, after 7 weeks or so, I tried it and was still sore. Hopefully, some of the tips you got will help you out.

AlexT
Reply to CrappyColon

Now, I gotta look up Squatty Potty.

CrappyColon
Reply to AlexT

Amazon has cheaper unbranded versions that look better

AlexT
Reply to CrappyColon

Ok, I looked it up since my bestie must be incoherent right now. First off, let me say, it was not what I expected. The visual I had was way different than what it is. Anyway, I'm not sure it's best to use right after this type of surgery cause the angle could put additional pressure on your new stitched up butt. Of course, I've never tried one but making that statement by looking at the picture. However, and this could be a game changer for lots of ostomates. A shorter person could use one of those to kneel on to empty instead of sitting on the toilet or standing dropping bombs all over the place. Personally, I've found kneeling to be the easiest way to empty and that product could help a lot of people out. Might be worth a try for many people.

AlexT

I know this thread was about a lady peeing but I also wanted to add that when I first got my ostomy, I never sat down or kneeled to the toilet to empty. The hospital gave me a plastic container that I used there so they could measure my output. Once I got home, I continued to use that container to empty into and then I'd empty that into the toilet. Rinsed out the container with a little hot water/soap after each use. Using that, I didn't have to worry about sitting down causing added pressure and I was pretty weak to be kneeling much. I still use that container nowadays to pour warm water into to my bag to rinse it out. Just some thoughts for you 2023 Barbies.

Barbiedoll34c
Reply to CrappyColon

Squatty Potty? I have to check that out, as I never heard of it! Thanks for responding!

Barbiedoll34c
Reply to Hairdresser

The reason I asked, is because it seems this is going to be a very painful experience, and I get the feeling that just getting out of bed is going to be a challenge! The thought of even making my way to the toilet seems daunting, so I guess I am trying to figure out how you even get up to go!

Barbiedoll34c

I absolutely love this site, and being able to connect with you all! I truly appreciate all the responses I received, and just knowing I am speaking (writing to?) to people who truly understand makes me feel so much better!

eefyjig
Reply to AlexT

I was thinking the same thing, Alex. Squatty Potties do angle things well and are good for coloned people to get everything out efficiently. But with the knees higher, I'd imagine that would pull on a new barbie butt.

eefyjig
Reply to CrappyColon

Great for getting everything out but would pull on the stitches of a Barbie butt. I know people who swear by them, and bidets, but probably not a good idea for Barbie and Ken butts!

ron in mich

Good luck with the upcoming surgery.

CrappyColon
Reply to eefyjig

Makes sense!

IGGIE

Try sitting on the toilet seat in reverse, so looking at the back wall, it stops the seat from spreading your butt cheeks. This is how I empty my bag all the time. And I have put a shelf on the back wall so everything you need is right in front of you.

CrappyColon
Reply to eefyjig

I'm really curious as to what you two were picturing when you heard "Squatty Potty" or do I want to know? Haha

AlexT
Reply to CrappyColon

Oh, something like this....

eefyjig
Reply to AlexT

!

eefyjig
Reply to IGGIE

Forgive me for being bold and/or clueless but I'm trying to visualize doing this - would you have to have your pants off first to face this way? I like the idea, with the shelf right in front, with angling forward instead of back to keep pressure off of the butt.

Redondo

Not sure what you mean by "Barbie Butt"? Is that having your rectum removed? Mine was removed at the same time as my large colon almost 50 years ago. However, I was so sick that I was in bed for several weeks and had a catheter and after that cleared up, I don't remember having a problem peeing by sitting on the toilet. But if you can't, the squatty potty seems to be the answer. Also, I imagine, if you can't sit on the toilet that you will need to empty your pouch into a trash bag or something. I can't remember why I did sit on the toilet backwards at some point but it seemed better to do it this way.

CrappyColon
Reply to eefyjig

I feel like for a woman this would only work with a dress/skirt without having to take everything from the waist down off every time, right? One of the support groups I'm in that is just for women, I asked what to wear after surgery and a lot said dresses were the easiest in the beginning. I had surgery #1 in the summer too, so that might've been a secondary reason dresses were a go-to?

Barbiedoll34c
Reply to AlexT

Ordered and received one of these, because someone suggested it! Hope it works, but more than willing to give it a try!

Winnie The Pooh

I'm not a woman, so it was easy for me. But AFAIK you really need to keep from putting any pressure on your bum, or where it used to be, for months. The SheWee and its clones would seem to be a better idea. Don't think I can post links here, so do a Google search on SheWee and you'll see a world you never knew existed! This device and many others are used by athletes and people who may have to travel long distances in a car etc. so you won't feel too much of a freak buying one. I have some female friends who sail small dinghies as I do who carry one - they would never last an entire day out on the water if they didn't. Ask your stoma nurse about it - the surgical team knows nothing about what happens after they stitch you up.

honeygirl

Take a look on Amazon for Jill cups and female urination devices. These could be used standing up and may be ideal for this situation. I may be facing this surgery in the future and would like to hear from anyone who has used this.

DisneinSpain

I had my surgery just over a year ago. I found myself peeing in a semi-squat position, holding onto the wall! I don't really recall it being that much of a problem - the worst part for me was not being able to sit down at all for about 3 months! I wore track pants for most of that time, but now, at age 60, I'm back in my usual uniform of jeans in the winter and shorts in the summer. I find the high-waisted styles really work well for me. Good luck with everything. It really isn't that big of a problem for me in my overall lifestyle - I wish the same for you!

Palomino Girl

I had this surgery in October 2022 and had read the suggestion to get a She Wee. I could use this with pants down, straddling the toilet. I was not allowed to bend over or squat down for a few weeks. You can buy these on Amazon, and there are disposable cardboard versions to take with you when going out.