Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,306 members

Very small Ostomy supply bag.

Posted by jimmyoz, on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 am
I lost my emergency supply bag which I  use to carry a spare change of my ostomy  pouch, barrier and wipes and such. It was small,about 7 inches  square. Very handy to keep in an emergency when I am away from home. Does any one know where I can buy one?
I checked with my supplier and they do not carry any thing like it.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 am
  I use a small camar bag. Also you probly could use a make up bag or sponge bag. I don't live in the states but I am sure they are avalble in many stores
Reply by Sh@tHappens!, on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm
You should try calling Hollister, they sent me a small black one when I first had my surgery then I called them later to see if I could buy another one to keep in my car and they just sent me another one for free.
Reply by loren4life, on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 pm
I have lost a few bags in my travels.  Travels have little to do with loosing them.  It has lots to do with my mind?!    And, yes, a small camera bag works well.  Most of my stuff comes from WM.  I keep spares cause I travel in a few different vehicles.  Loren
Reply by slb2123, on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:52 pm
Hollister sent me a replacement also.  All the companies have always given me helpful information and samples. I use a Hollister product so that's who i called for the travel bag. Good Luck!
Reply by bikerboy, on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 am
I use a fanny pack it holds everything I need and very portable
Reply by bes0642, on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 am
Hollister sent me one as well. Give them a call.
Reply by Primeboy, on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:49 pm
I have several emergency kits. I keep a change of clothes (pants, shirt and underwear) as well as ostomy supplies in the trunk of my car at all times. Also, I have a small envelope with an ostomy change in my briefcase and in my golf bag. In the past 15 months since my operation, I had to have an emergency change only once...while my golfing buddies patiently waited on the first tee. I was completely distraught but the experience taught me not to panic when leaks happen but to deal with these set backs in a level-headed way. I'll credit the Boy Scouts for my being prepared which make all the difference.
Reply by junopete, on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:26 pm
You can't be serious.

Simply get a plastic bag of the size you choose and fill it with the items you feel comfortable with.

Rick.....
Reply by Teddiee, on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:36 pm

A small, flat, black make up bag works fine.....and looks perfectly inconspicuous in any handbag.  I only carry the bare minimum in it....precut Hollister Ceraplus Bag, Hollister Ceraring, LBF Sachets (they REMOVE ALL residue), a small disposable black plastic bag, couple of folded dry Wipes I can throw away - that's it!!  My brother uses a slim flat black leather wallet to carry in his trouser pocket, as he flatly refuses to carry a "man bag" around. Lol.  You'd be surprised how flat and small the above "emergency" kit can actually be folded up into a very small bag. You really don't need to carry much with you for an "emergency change".  Don't over-complicate your life.

Reply by w30bob, on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:50 am

Teddiee...........you do realize that post is over 8 years old, right? 

;O)

bob

Nurse
Reply by dannysnyder, on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:06 am

There are many facilities to buy it today. You can check the ecommerce websites accessible and shops near you. Many facilities available in this advanced era and we have to make use of them. Check many websites shops, and choose the best one to buy.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.