Ode to My Ostomates: A Heartfelt Tribute to the Best Support Group

Replies
Views
Juuust_James

I wrote this way back in the fall of 2006 - I've shared it on a few other support sites that I haven't been active on in 5 years or more. I just read a nice poem by a lady from Britain, so I thought I'd dig up my old one and share it for all here to see.

Ode to My Ostomates

You come from all walks of life-

And many from lands far away.

I have come to tell you what it means to me,

To have all of you a part of my day.

"The Great White North" - "The U.S. of A." -

"Across the Pond", to "Down Under".

Without you as a part of my life,

I would definitely go asunder.

A lot of us have dealt with hardships and pain,

Most of you - much worse than I.

I know I don't have the power to heal-

But Lord knows if I could, I would sure try!

Those I have come to know on a more personal note,

I wish to thank you the most.

Whether it's a long-distance smile or pat on the back,

For you I garner a toast!

I know I often jest and joke (ok, a lot hehe)

If it bothers you, just give me a "nod"-

In the words of my U.K. friends,

I'm just a cheeky sod! LOL

All in all, what I'm trying to say,

Is - I think you guys are the best!

Signed: Juuust Jim - Coming to you,

From somewhere way out west!

J.D.C. 10-12-06

Past Member

Hi Jim, wow! What a great poem. It certainly says it all. I love to write poems. In fact, I've just written one and I'm about to post it on the site. LOL! Wish me luck. Take care, Ambies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,378 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Juuust_James

Thanks =) I never knew I had a knack for creative writing until shortly before I wrote this one. I never considered myself a poet or writer because I can't just sit down and write, something has to inspire me. I'll share another favorite of mine. I write about my dislike for winter. LOL

mooza

LOL I'm from Australia but still don't feel down under. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe everyone is over the top (OTT). Not you, but me :D .....written, performed, and interpretive dance by ..Mooza xxx

sherrybear

Jimmy, that was the second poem I have read today, and they both were beautiful. And welcome back and hope you stay.....

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Juuust_James

Thanks, Sherry - I'll be lurking around now and then, I'm sure. By the way, I was born in Cleveland! And lived in both Mentor and Columbus when I was a boy, before moving out west. = )

Bill
Hello Jim.I've just been browsing on past blogs and come across your poems. I really enjoyed them both and hope to see some more. Best wishes Bill
Juuust_James

Thanks for the comment, Bill =)

Southern born

Always nice to read someone's thoughts that they choose to share in this way. Nice poem. Thank you.

Juuust_James

Thank you for reading it and appreciating the effort. SB