Enjoying Life with Bubbles and Celebrating 65!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
schneckerm88

Hi to all my big O's mates. Hope that you all okay and your life is treating you well. We have winter in Australia and it is very cold this year. Thanks for your support whenever I go on the forum. Bubbles (pouch) behaves quite well and we are starting a relationship of acceptance. Last week I had my 65th birthday and I had a great time with my friends going out for lunch, though I couldn't eat very much of what was offered on the menu. But most sweet desserts Bubbles liked.
Had a glass of wine with a plain meal of chicken fillet with carrots and pumpkin, on rice with ginger sauce. Yummy! Afterwards a cafe latte with a chocolate aftermint. Just a tip to all you ostomates: avoid more than one cup of coffee, instead drink lots of water and plain herbal teas...very good for your digestive system. Today is my day out to go to the Dandenong Ranges in Melbourne at a cafe in Sassafras called Miss Marbles! All your Aussie mates should know where it is. Can't wait for my carer to take me there in about 1 hour. I'll have yummy things to eat and worry about the consequences later, because this is only once a year plus the ranges are so beautiful. Please keep well and stay in touch, my friends.

Cheers

schneckerm88

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DH

I think it's great that you are doing so well. You have winter in Australia in June? Does that mean that your summer is in December? I always wanted to go to Australia. Maybe someday. Well, keep up the good spirits and have a great day. Donna

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
schneckerm88

Yes, June is winter and December is Christmas... very hot, but it never feels like a proper Christmas. I think cold and snow just make it complete. Renate

fable3

Agree with you on the teas... except chai... always made me cramp. Someone on here said there is a lot of bark in chai and that it's harder to digest. Sorry to get off topic... but what's a summer Christmas like? Does the decor change?

schneckerm88

You're right, I don't drink chai either. Christmas in summer is the same decor and all trimmings, only it's stinking hot most of the time. I miss the cold and snow from Europe where I came from 43 years ago. We often celebrate Christmas in July at certain places in the mountain ranges around Melbourne. I was there yesterday at a beautiful cafe called Miss Marbles. I had turkey, cranberry sauce, and Christmas pudding with brandy custard.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mooza

Hey girl, you leave our hot Christmas alone. I love it. LOL! And yes, it's crap in Melbourne, but guessing it's winter, what should one expect? LOL! Brrr, brrbrrrrrr. Hahahaha! Ahaaa, you're not a true Aussie after all. Sneck, I knew it. If you were summer, Christmas would be in your blood. Hmmm :D Gimme heat, gimme Australia anytime, any day, darlz. x

mooza

Fable Christmas is the same here as anywhere else. It's just different weather. :) I would rather eat salads than hot food for the Christmas day lunch. We have a bit of both hot and cold food. And no, it's not always stinking hot. It poured raining last year and a few years actually, as it's a Melbourne thing, right Snecks? HAHAHA

schneckerm88

Well, hun, you may be right. Me not being real blue... Sorry, this is the problem with the roots! HaHa, sneaky little Aussie mate you are. Lol