I hardly had a life at all.

From all that painful past I’m free

now my stoma’s part of me.

Bill Withers 2011

Rosie74

Beautiful poem. Deep thoughts.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Jupiter

Wonderful...

Bill
Thank you so much Rosie and Jupiter for your supportive comments. Best wishesBill
Rosie74

Just read your beautiful poem again. It makes me feel better!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill
Hello Rosie. I am so glad you liked it. Getting such feedback from people like yourself makes me feel good too. Of all the loads of people who read these verses it is only those who make some comments that can make the effort seem worthwhile. Best wishesBill
Kayakjan

This is great! You either have to laugh about this or make something beautiful out of it. Very nice!!

kiakaha

Loved your poem. I always think this is what's keeping me alive.

Bill
Hello kayakjan and kaikaha, Thank you for your comments as it is not everyone who can appreciate such verses, so when I get this type of feedback it means so much to me. Best wishesBill
Past Member

Recently, I received a diverting ileostomy for the second time with much hesitation. I am still post-op and trying to adjust. However, your poem is inspiring and gives me hope that I can feel better one day soon. I hope I can reach that place.

Bill
Helo Jaxdog. Thank you so much for letting me know that you appreciated the verse and got some inspiration from it. It is feedback such as yours that provide my own inspiration so hopefully we help each other on a site such as this. Here's hoping that you feel much better very soon. Best wishesBill
SallyW

Hello Bill, I reiterate what other people have been saying in that your poem is really beautiful. To that end, I am wondering if you would be able to give me permission to add it to my website, A Guide To Living With A Stoma, www.living-with-a-stoma.co.uk, since I believe that it would help many ostomates worldwide. I run my website on a voluntary basis, and it is independent and impartial. I set up the website to help ostomates worldwide with information, not as a money-making venture. Perhaps you would be kind enough to email me at jean@living-with-a-stoma.co.uk and let me know. In the meantime, take care. Many thanks, Jean.