and much of it will come in spurts.

Those little spurts might remind me

of bits about my ostomy.

But now I’ll see the funny side

and look upon the sunny side.

Because to me humour can fit

with ostomies and toilet wit.

The two combined might bring a smile

and that might make this thing worthwhile.

B. Withers 2013

Mrs.A

A list or verse about the sunny side of being an ostomate sounds wonderful. No one else can multitask like an ostomate can, for one.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,484 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Thankyou Mrs. A for your comments.I was thinking and hoping for more than one verse so I'll try and set aside some time to focus on multi-tasking to start with then move on from there. I still have lots of the less than humorous ones that have not yet been posted on here. However, I was contemplating trickling them through at a rate of one a month so that the blogs don't get swamped with verses. Thanks for the multi-tasking suggestiopn Best wishesBill
Mrs.A

Well Bill, having seen your talent, I am sure you will find many sunny side thoughts that make being an ostomate a place with positive light. Multitasking was just something someone from another forum mentioned recently. It took me a second, but she was right - we can multitask (unknowingly at times) doing just about anything. It put a smile on my face. Even the less humorous ones are always worth the read and tend to stir up thoughts.

Bill
Hello Mrs. A. I know it's not humorous but I have tried to capture my first thought on multi-tasking in verse and on my blog. I feel that there is a lot more to be captured on the subject so if I get the time and inspiration I'll try to versify the subject a bit further. Best wishesBill

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Mrs.A

Hi Bill,

Well, I think both of your new verses are wonderful. Of course, I commented on them too.

Bill
Thanks Mrs A. ---much appreciated!
Primeboy

The two combined might bring a smile and that might make this thing worthwhile. With you on this one, Bill. Opposites attract because they can mutually enhance. You and W. B. Yeats are on to something similar and significant. PB

Bill
Hello PB. Thanks for your comments and support. The opposites attracting is so true in so many aspects of life. Yet, in himan terms, it is sometimes difficult to find an opposite that compliments rather than destroys. I don't know much about Yeats, so now I'm off to the internet to educate myself a bit more in that direction - I do appreciate your pointers. Best wishes Bill