Recovery and Gratitude: My Journey as an Ostomate

Replies
Views
Killshot_24523
Dec 16, 2022 1:29 pm

Done, I am now an ostomate. I am home with very little pain. I am walking but do tire quickly. Not much of an appetite, but try to eat in small snippets.

Prior to surgery, my wife talked to the surgeon about preserving the prostate nerves so we could hopefully have near-normal sex going forward. He did, but he cautioned us after surgery it cost him time and me blood. The loss of blood took me completely out for over 2 days. But, with 3 transfusions, I finally felt a little alive on Monday.

I got the pathology report as I was checking out. I am now cancer-free. Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes. It's all about healing and living from here on out.

HenryM
Dec 16, 2022 1:38 pm
Thumbs up to you! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

ron in mich
Dec 16, 2022 2:08 pm

Hi KS, it sounds like you had a good surgeon and you're on a path to a good life. Good luck.

gentlejohn
Dec 16, 2022 2:29 pm

Welcome to the club! My colectomy/ileostomy gave me my life back. Since you have an ostomy for the holidays, I must share this which was posted in the UOAA newsletter:
5 reasons it's awesome to have an ostomy during the holidays-
https://www.ostomy.org/5-reasons-its-awesome-to-have-an-ostomy-during-the-holidays/

AlexT
Dec 16, 2022 5:44 pm

Good to hear you're cancer-free.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Play
TerryLT
Dec 16, 2022 11:05 pm

Hi KS, and welcome to our exclusive club! You seem to be well on your way and your positive attitude will help you going forward. Good for you!

gairdinspreagtha
Dec 19, 2022 7:56 pm

Blessings on being cancer-free and healing.

Redondo
Dec 20, 2022 2:25 pm

Happy for you! Many blessings for living your life!

dmo101
Dec 20, 2022 2:56 pm

Welcome to the club!!!!! I am a member for 31 years. It is a bit rough at first, but in time you will hardly know it's there most of the time. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

freedancer
Dec 20, 2022 6:32 pm

Congratulations on being cancer-free!!

Dam711
Dec 20, 2022 9:53 pm

Congratulations on your fight to become cancer free! I also got that same great news in July, just 3 days before my birthday. After a 6-year fight myself. Good luck and best wishes for you and yours! ?????????????????????

Killshot_24523
Dec 21, 2022 1:14 am

I haven't figured out how to like comments, so consider all the comments liked by me.

Killshot_24523
Dec 21, 2022 1:15 am

I haven't figured out how to like a comment. So, consider them all liked by me.

TerryLT
Dec 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Hi KS, for some reason 'blogs' will not let you 'like' a reply. Only the blog itself can be 'liked'. If you post a topic in the forum, however, you can 'like' a response to your post.

Terry

dannyd7563
Feb 25, 2023 1:27 pm

Hope you're still doing well!

Barbiedoll34c
Feb 27, 2023 12:30 pm

Best of luck to you!