Talk to others with an Ostomy
Next >

Done I'm an ostomate

Done, I am now an ostomate. I am home with very little pain. I am walking but do tire quickly. Not much of an appetite, but try to eat in small snippets.

Prior to surgery my wife talked to surgeon about preserving the prostate nerves so we could hopefully have near normal sex going forward. He did but he cautioned us after surgery it cost him time and me blood. The loss of blood took me completely out for over 2 days. But, with 3 transfusions I finally felt a little alive on Monday.

I got the pathology report as i was checking out. I am now cancer free. Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes. It's all about healing and living from here on out.

Talk to others with an Ostomy
29,505 members
MeetAnOstoMate is the largest, independent website for people with an ostomy surgery. A vibrant, multi-topic community where people discuss various things, and give each other love and support.

Thumbs up to you! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi KS sounds like you had a good surgeon and your on a path to a good life. good luck

Welcome to the club! My colectomy/ileostomy gave me my life back. Since you have an ostomy for the holidays I must share this which was posted in the UOAA newsletter: 5 reasons Its awesome to have an ostomy during the holidays- https://www.ostomy.org/5-reasons-its-awesome-to-have-an-ostomy-during-the-holidays/

Good to hear you're cancer free.

Hi KS, and welcome to our exclusive club! You seem to be well on your way and your positive attitude will help you going forward. Good for you!

Blessings on being cancer free and healing.

Happy for you! Many blessings for living your life!

WELCOME to the club!!!!! I am a member for 31 years. It is a bit rough at first, but in time you will hardly know its there most of the time. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on being cancer free!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your fight to become cancer free ? I also got that same Great news in July, just 3 days before my BIRTHDAY ? After a 6 year fight myself. Good luck and Best Wishes for you and yours ?????????????????????

I haven't figured how to like comments so consider all the comments Luke by me.

I haven't figured out how to like a comment. So, consider them all liked by me.

Hi KS, For some reason 'blogs' will not let you 'like' a reply. Only the blog itself can be 'liked'. If you post a topic in the forum, however, you can 'like' a response to you post. Terry

Hope you're still doing well!

Best of luck to you!
* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.