Stealth Belt Review: Regaining Freedom and Confidence

Replies
Views
Elly Mae

I am almost 3 months post-op (ileostomy) and am starting to enjoy life again. Before surgery, I was a prisoner to my bathroom as many of you can probably relate. I am now doing so many of the things most people take for granted... visiting friends, going to the grocery store, eating at restaurants, going to hockey games, and much more. It feels so good! So anyways, I had read a lot of good reviews on the Stealth Belt and decided to get myself one (note: I was a bit hesitant because they are quite expensive). I've only had it for a few days and I don't regret it at all! It holds my pouch nice and tight. It sounds funny but I kind of forget about my pouch when I'm wearing it. It gives me a feeling of confidence. I might just save it for special occasions... LOL!!  

w30bob

Way to go Elly!!! Glad it's working out for you, and you're getting back to normal. Whatever it takes!!!

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK

Good for you! {heart emoji}

Killshot_24523

Awesome. They are a game changer.

Daisy2023

How exactly do they work? Do they allow for air? These might seem like dumb questions. I read something about wearing Spanx or that type of product..same idea just made specific for ostomates?

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
w30bob

Hi Daisy,

It's like a fanny pack with a hole in the back for your bag to fit through. There's room in it for your bag to expand. They used to come in a thinner spandex-like material and a thicker neoprene rubber for more aggressive use (surfing, playing sports, etc). Haven't checked in a while, so not sure if both versions are still offered.

;O)

Killshot_24523
Reply to Daisy2023

Yes, they are made for ostomates. It has Velcro ends and a hole the bag goes through. Then you snug it up with the Velcro. Your bag is held in a stretchy pouch with a zipper you can open to empty. It supports the bag so it doesn't pull on your belly and provides additional abdominal support. I wear one almost all my waking hours.

Daisy2023
Reply to Killshot_24523

Sounds awesome actually!

Beachboy

Hello Elle Mae, did you get a stealth belt? If you did, how is it?

I'm considering buying one but am unsure how it actually works.

Thanks, Dan