Amy's Gluten Free Thai Pad Thai: How Did You Handle the Onions and Broccoli?

Replies
Views
Kthrns

Has anyone eaten Amy's gluten-free Thai Pad Thai? I had thought I just wouldn't eat the cashews. But there are onions and a little broccoli in it too. How did you do with eating it?

AlexT

I eat those things often, no issues. I do avoid nuts.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Top 5 Collections
HenryM

I eat cashews, broccoli, and onions all the time.  As for the stuff you reference, I don't eat anything I can't pronounce...   

crappycolondiaries

When I ate one of those, it all came out of my ileostomy into the bag. I don't know how some of that didn't get stuck, but it didn't so ‍

Bill

When it comes to diet, I think it might be quite different for those with an ileostomy to those with a colostomy.

I have the latter and I eat cashew nuts and almonds every morning in my home-made muesli. Obviously I chew them well but have never had a problem.
Best wishes

Bill 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
TerryLT
Reply to HenryM

Oh, come on Henry! Where is your sense of adventure?! There is a whole culinary world out there you are missing out on!

Terry

TerryLT

I have an ileostomy, and eat nuts all the time, no issues! Just chew really well, and drink lots of liquids to wash it down.

Terry

Justbreathe
Reply to TerryLT

Me too - I have an ileostomy and I frequently eat nuts (mostly pistachios and pecans) but you are right - must be chewed really well.

HenryM
Reply to TerryLT

I eat sushi!  I love anchovies in my salad and on my pizza.  I make my own chopped liver pate.  I love figs and dates.  

crappycolondiaries

I was at Trader Joe's today and I couldn't remember if I was allowed to eat nuts or if I even liked them since my reversal, and it was a madhouse in there, so I wasn't taking the time to Google with my type of reversal what it would do to me. It's hard to find anything specific to me when I do random searches online.

TerryLT
Reply to HenryM

Well, aren't you just a wild one!

AlexT
Reply to HenryM

You're weird.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.