Hollister Lock N Roll Bag Leaking Issues?

Replies
Views
weewee

I used to have them for 13 years until I got the new Coloplast, and I am knocking on wood now because I am saying no problems like the Hollister gave me. I have had some sides split, not sealed to the same, having small holes in the bag, and also the wafers having a weak plastic like you. I called and they sent me some samples to cover till the next order.

Good luck.

bballman54

I've had my bag for two years and the only problem I had was the seam on the side of the bag near the top. When I contacted Hollister, they were very helpful. They asked me for the order date, bag type, lot number, and a photo, and they sent me 10 new bags, no questions asked.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I think I finally got this figured out. When they assemble the bag, the Lock N Roll part is a separate piece from the bag. They heat bond it to the bag with some sort of adhesive. The corner where I keep seeing the small tear is initially bonded to the Lock N Roll piece. But due to the weight of whatever is in the bag pulling on those corners, the adhesive gives out and those corners are no longer bonded to the bag. Because the heat and adhesive weaken the plastic of the bag where they are attached, once the corner(s) lift off they expose a weakened area of the bag. And this is where I'm getting my leaks. This became apparent with this last bag I used. When I put it on, I checked the corners of the Lock N Roll part very carefully......and it was entirely bonded to the bag. I'm talking about the square corners shown in the pics above. Seeing that this part of the seal was supposed to be bonded to the bag, I just assumed the leaking bags I had were not properly bonded. But I see now, after a day or so of wearing what looked like a correctly bonded bag, that the corners of the seal have lifted, and there's a sticky residue on the underside of the seal in those corners. So they were bonded........no longer are.......and the plastic of the bag in the area was weakened by the failed bonding. Now if Hollister would just get in touch with me like they said they would......I'll explain it to them. Seems to be an assembly or material flaw on their part. Might be time to look to Sensura again for a different system.

;o)

Pattycakes

I had been using #8291 Hollister bags for at least 10 years without issue, but began experiencing tiny splitting at the seams since February, 2022. Different Lot Nos. have faulty seams at different locations, and generally if the first bag in the box is defective, they all will be defective at or near that same location. Lately the defects have migrated to the lock-roll portion of the bag. (Some defective Lot Nos.: 2D192, 2D122, 2I302, 2L062 - I also took pictures of the defects.)

You have done nothing wrong...something has changed in their process. Hollister has been good about sending replacements, but not at accepting blame. I have a mostly-liquid stool and have suffered many embarrassing moments.

Mary at Hollister has finally taken me seriously and sent me samples of their 2-piece system they are functioning properly. (I'm not as comfortable with the 2-piece system, but that is a topic for another day.)

Hope this helps...

Past Member
Reply to Pattycakes

I used Hollister #3228 and had the same problems as you, splitting at the seam. Not all of the boxes, just certain ones. I wanted to contact them but never did. I don't know what was happening and Hollister is the only bag that seems to work for me. I've tried others but they just didn't fit me well. The box I'm using now is working fine. But the next box may not. Have a nice day.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
debbinmiller
Reply to w30bob

Black bags are a great idea! How do you dye or paint your bags?

debbinmiller
Reply to Happytostillbehere

Using an old toothbrush is a great idea. I've noticed that sometimes the Velcro loses its ability to "grab" as tightly as it should. Thanks for the tip!