Success with Convatec Products and New Challenges: An Update

Replies
Views
MassMikMouse

Hi there.

I submitted a post, probably in June, detailing my woes about my leaky ostomy due to my weight loss. I would like to let everybody know that everything has settled down. I am now using Convatec products, and they seem to work much better than the Coloplast products. (I'm not sure if it's me, but I really think my urine made the adhesive for the Coloplast products break down a little bit faster.) In any case, I am using the two-piece convex products, and I am changing every two days. That seems to be the sweet spot, and I haven't been leaking at all. Hurrah!

Of course, now that that's taken care of, I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. At least I am unemployed right now so they can rest, rehab, get cortisone shots, think about surgery, and take care of my cat.

Slight digression - when I received the cortisone shots on Tuesday, the surgeon was worried that it would be too painful. I looked him in the eye and said, after losing my bladder eight years ago and all of those invasive tests, I'm not sure if this is gonna hurt as much. Surprise!!! It did not hurt. The surgeon was slightly shocked…

A huge thank you to everyone who offered advice, love, and laughs. I know I'll get through this…

Beachboy

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your update. Great that you found products and a protocol that work for you. Wishing you good health.

Dan

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello MassMickMouse.

Thank you so much for your update. As Dan has said. it's good that you have found solutions to your previous problems. It is this sort of positive feedback which gives us all hope for our own futures.

Best wishes

Bill

Axl

Knew you would get there all along, well done.

SallyK

Stay strong. 💪💙

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Justbreathe

Great post - thanks! Folks need to know that persistence in researching products and comments made on this site can result in success! Jb

eefyjig

You are strong, MassMikMouse! May your cortisone shots do the trick and your leaks continue to be gone!

Beth22

Yeah, always a win when you have no more leaks and you find what works!! Exciting!!