Low-Calorie Butternut Squash Soup Hack

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777

Butternut squash will thicken and reduce the amount of output. You can make a pretty easy butternut squash soup that is very filling and doesn't taste heavily of vegetables and is low in calories and fat...

One 2- to 3-pound butternut squash, peeled and seeded

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 medium onion, chopped

6 cups chicken stock

Nutmeg

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cut squash into 1-inch chunks. In a large pot, melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove squash chunks with a slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to the pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve.

That is from Food Network website. I tried it and it is really good for not having cream in it like most butternut squash soups do.

Lee

Axl

Hi Lee

Try 1000 to 1500 mg of glucosamine each day. I take it to try to prevent any joint issues, but it firms up the output too, either tablets or capsules.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,489 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT
Reply to Axl

Thanks Axl, I did not know that! I have been taking 1500 mg glucosamine per day for years for the same reason as you, but had no idea it affected the consistency of my output.

Terry

infinitycastle52777

I am trying to thicken my output naturally, without tablets.

Lee

Axl
Reply to TerryLT

Hi Terry

I take one which includes chondroitin and it has a big impact on me, does the same to my wife and she has no ostomy. I have tried both typical and vegan and both have the same result for me.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
TerryLT
Reply to Axl

Very interesting. I take one that includes chondroitin and MSM too. Sometimes I will miss a couple of days if I'm going away for a weekend and don't bother to take them with me. I'll have to pay attention next time to see if I notice a difference. I certainly don't need anything to thicken me up, but it's not a problem with the amount of water I drink.

Terry