Fuming

Replies
Views
Bill

Hello MMSH.
I find the statements in your latest post a little more complex to address, as the general sentiments behind what you say seem perfectly plausible. 
I agree that: ‘Permitting the government to determine whose needs are most serious is a tragic mistake’. 
However, it is not quite like that here in the UK. Inasmuch as our government tends to adopt some of the strategies employed by covert bullies. These include deliberately not becoming directly involved in decisions such as ‘whose needs are most serious’;
They leave these decisions to the medical staff. This strategy enables them to ‘lay the blame’ on someone else if anything goes wrong.  
I also tend to agree when you say that we should not ‘be surprised should they determine that their needs are !(more important that those of others)  ‘
With regard to your last statement, It becomes more difficult to see how the government can stay entirely out of healthcare when it is they, who control the finances and resources.
The medical staff have a very difficult job to do, which is made that much more difficult when the government are manipulating the finances to suit themselves, rather than those ‘in need’. 
As for your last statement: -‘they are bumbling fools who foul up anything they touch.’ 
My perspective is that they are far from being ‘bumbling fools’, for when they ‘foul things up’, it is usually to benefit themselves.  This is a deliberate (if Machiavellian) ploy, which has been perfected over centuries. This is unlikely to change until there is a recognition that these people are narcissistic in their approach to life and therefore in their decision making. 
They tend to be ‘greedy’ for power and control, which is often supported by financial manipulation (and ‘weaponising’ wealth).
To call them ‘bumbling fools’, I feel might be underestimating their deviousness and their abilities to scam the general population into thinking that when they make ‘unkind’ decisions, that is somehow due to incompetence rather than being deliberate policy. 

Lastly, I would like to congratulate you in your apology (In another post) for seemingly highjacking this post. (a sentiment that I endorse wholeheartedly)  Hence, I suggest that we now draw this part of the discussion to a close, or start a new thread, which can allow an airing of these sorts of views in a more appropriate place.
Best wishes

Bill