Hollister 2 piece

Replies
Views
chopperandme710

Hi all, 

I have had my flange on now for close to 4 days. Should I leave on or change my flange ? 

I currently have no leakage. This is the longest I have been able to keep it on for since my surgery at the begging of November.

Thank you 

14jax71

Hi,

I think you will hear different answers. It basically comes down to you and what you feel is best for you. If you are getting 4 days, then you are doing great. I was told no more than 7 days if it lasts that long. Some people may change every day others might not. You do what works and what is good for you to give yourself peace of mind.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl

Good for you, you are doing very well. It's good for the skin to get a bit of air time but just change it when you feel the need 👍

Beachboy

I use the 2 piece Hollister system, and have a permanent colostomy.

I change wafer every 7 days.  Maximum I've gone is 8 days.  No problems.  Skin looks good.  If you change wafer too much, your peristomal skin will get beat up.

I snap new bags on as required, usually if a bag gets too fouled up with output, or I'm too lazy to change the wafer.  

Riva

Don’t overthink when to change your flange .  keep things simple.  There is no right answer . It’s  trial and error what works best for you and you alone .   Good luck to you on the journey.   🍷

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SeanB

The longest I have gone has been 6 days. It was great! I usually get about 4 days. 

Mysterious Mose

I am on a 5 day schedule. Each change contains a long, warm shower so I can give my skin a chance to breathe and soak up the humidity, which is lacking in our local climate. :-)

Daniel

Morning glory

Everyone  is different . There is no set time frame. You will know.

AlexT

I usually change every 4th day. I try to do it so I have a fairly fresh bag on for my work week and then a fairly fresh bag on for my days off, that way I don’t waste my off day time changing my bag and it gives me good secure bags most of the time. IMO, the sticky stuff only sticks really well for a couple of days and then starts to deteriorate the longer it’s on as it changes color the longer it’s on(no proven theory but that’s how I think). Obviously, if you sit around and don’t do much physical activity you can probably go much longer with no issues but I’m very hard on my bags/setup. 

Beachboy

Usually change wafer every 7 days with no problems. 

I'm trying out 9 days to see what happens.  Shower with bag on during this experiment.  Changed the "snap on" bag 3 times so far with no discomfort or leaks.  I travel alot.  So don't always have extra time for shower/wafer change.  Plus my wife is a shower hog.  I always tell her "Ya look the same coming out as you went in."