Food poisoning Maybe?

Replies
Views
Lemonade486

So I woke up this morning in a poo puddle. I have never felt anything like this, lots of gurgling, gas, and super foul liquid output. Has anyone had this happen? Is it maybe something I ate that caused this, it’s been all day and night. I can’t think of anything unusual I ate. I’ve had my colostomy since Late July. 

Bill

You might be right about what you have eaten.
However, this also sounds as if it might be a bug of some sort.

At this time of the year here in the UK, we regularly have these sorts of bugs going around. (highly contagious) Sometimes they are accompanied by sickness and sometime not. 
Just a thought!

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,531 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi Lemon,

Bill's right, this time of year there's lots of stuff going around.  If what you have lasts more than 2 or 3 days you might want to hit the Urgent Care for some pills to pop, but I'd bet you'll clear right up soon.  I've had more than a couple friends get what you're describing in the past couple weeks.  Take it easy, keep hydrated and see if it passes.  "Poo Puddle".......that's such a nice way to put it!  

;O)

AlexT

Fluids. If it’s not better in a couple days go in. Otherwise, and I’m betting, you’ll be back to normal in no time. 

Morning glory

Sounds like  a stomach bug. It is going around in my neck of the woods. Stay hydrated. 

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Lemonade486

Thank you all, I was getting worried but I’m feeling a little better today. No output yet but I’m sure it’s fine 😊