Beachboy goes Rouge

Replies
Views
Beachboy

The place:  Movie theater next to South Coast plaza.

The movie:  A classic....  Grease

The crime:  Popcorn.... medium bag.

Stoma be damned.....

Pray for his bag......

AlexT

Lol

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,637 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beachboy

Grease was great.  Travolta and Olivia Newton John were amazing.  This came out 2 years after I graduated high school.  An America before cell phones, internet, computers.  A time long gone.  As much as we gained, we've lost.

Theater near me shows "classic" movies every Wednesday, only movies I'll watch anymore.  

The popcorn was divine!

Mysterious Mose

What color is that rouge?

Sorry, couldn't resist! 😂🥸

w30bob

I hope ya got extra butter........I mean if you're gonna go rogue.......do it right!!

;O)

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beachboy
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Cherry Red of course.

Beachboy
Reply to w30bob

Everything's better with butter.  Also munched a giant soft pretzel with salt and mustard.

Burp.....

Jayne
Reply to Beachboy

Yeah ..... sounds like a venue and a day to eyeball  ...... bit of a long flight for me thou .....

Did ya move to the beat too> .... Couldnt do a passive sit through this one .... Retros live on!

best

Jayne

Morning glory

Well you are the dare devil. Definitely  pushed your luck with  the 🥨  after the popcorn.  Loved the movie. Have you really ever known someone that didn't? Lol

Jayne
Reply to Morning glory

Yes, amazingly - stuffy folk DO actually exist!

Sad, but true!

BW

Beachboy

I work with a guy whose high school was used for the film, while he was there attending school.  He saw alot of equipment and sets... but no filming or stars.  Probably filmed when school was out.

Grease made alot of money.  Film cost 6 million to make.  Currently has earned over 188 million.

Theater where I watched it was packed!  Amazing for a 1978 film.  Many folks dressed up like the movie characters, and ran near the stage to dance.  I of course just wiggled in my seat.

Jayne
Reply to Beachboy

Right on ...........

Did not know the actual location - which was specifically which school - does/do the school/buildings still exist?

Glam rock fully costumed audiences happen in UK too.

I can understand the 'straight' dressing - but shame on you for remaining in your seat!

But glad to hear your were moved 'to wiggle' lol

BW

Jayne

warrior

have you seen rocky horror picture show? same idea.  peeps dressed up.. audience par-ti-ci-pation..

you may be the one that i want,  but let's do the time wrap again...... 

warrior
Reply to Beachboy

i'd pay good money to see you wiggle in your seat there. :)

Jayne
Reply to warrior

: : - ))) We'll all feel free to wiggle then!!!!

lol

BW

J

Jayne
Reply to warrior

;-))))))))))))))))

Yes I have seen the RHS ....

but, sadly, not live!

[so doesn't count really] !

J

Beachboy
Reply to warrior

I have seen... but rarely heard,  the Rocky Horror Picture Show over 35 times.

Used to go Saturday night, at midnight, to Balboa theater in Newport Beach.  It was always packed... and raucous.  There was a stage in front of the screen where folks, dressed like their favorite character, acted out the movie....perfectly.   we used to bring a deck of cards, water squirt guns, rice, toast, etc, to use at various stages of the movie.  We knew all the lines to "yell out" as  the movie played on.  

One time, cheerleaders from USC and UCLA were in attendance... in full cheer uniforms.  The sat across from each other.  At a point in the movie, Frankenfurter says "You see"  the cheerleaders jumped up shaking their pom poms and screamed as loud as they could: "USC ! fight fight fight"  the other cheerleaders yelled out "U-C-L-A! Our spirit is sky high."  This went on for about 5 minutes.  Everyone was clapping and yelling. 

When I first met my future wife.... I took her to the show.  Against my advice, she insisted on sitting in the back row.  Before the movie would start, someone always jumped on stage and asked if their were any virgins in the house (someone visiting for the first time).  I stood up and pointed at my true love.  When all virgins were accounted for... the MC and crowd yelled out:  "F... the virgins!"  My future wife slunk down in her seat and was.... pissed.  Then the movie began with the singing red lips.  Near the end of the song is this verse: "in the back row."  When that was sang... everyone jumped up, turned to the back row and screamed "F... the back row."  The future Mrs Beachboy was unamused.  She bade me farewell and spent considerable time visiting the toliet.  She returned to the usual madhouse of youthful fun and frolic.... everyone was up and doing the "time warp." 

Lins0808

My favourite movie of all time!

Sounds like a fun way to go rogue - glad the popcorn didn't cause you trouble! I don't think I've had more than a few kernels since I got my bag in 1980. I was 11, and after a popcorn induced obstruction, I decided liquorice and chocolate were safer movie snacks...;) 

rlevineia
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Rouge is a reddish color.  Like the Moulin Rouge(Red Windmill).   Great night out at the Pigalle. the show is awesome.  Don't eat there.  Also a blush for makeup.  Adds red to a too white face.  

rlevineia
Reply to Beachboy

Barry Gibb got the Kennedy Award about a mth ago.  Last of the Bee Gees.   Both Robin & Maurice died of Colon Disease, sigh.  deja vu?

Beachboy
Reply to rlevineia

Only the good die young

warrior
Reply to rlevineia

Damn... I  guess.... all three of them... were  just....   trying to  keep Staying Alive. ah ah ah ah....

Beachboy
Reply to warrior

Even my stoma is chuckling..... 

warrior

🎤🎵 you should be dancing..yea!! 💃🕺

.🎵how deep is yur stoma..hows that aromah..i hope its sweet cuz we're living in a world of leaks. 🎶.. tearing  us apart..aside from seeps.. really stinks..🎵🎵less stoma farts...

..but it belongs to me..🎵 

Beachboy

I was humming along... aside from the seeps...