Sanizone maxium stregnth ostomy deoderant

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

Hi 

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? If so what did you think? I purchased a small bottle but see it contains some kind of alchol so afraid to use without asking others.  By the way, I rinse when I empty so I'm afraid of anything getting onto stoma. I do rinse and use m9 in my pouch but never seemed to be a problem. 4

warrior

hi..nope.. have no need to try anything other than M9..

i was not sold on this M9 product... i saw reviews about it on here from members.

took a chance  buying it. boom. sold. it works.. prior to M9,  i crushed altoid breath mints.

5 were crushed but became inconvenient .. the tablets took time to dissolve. was a cheap easy fix..

M9 is easy. great benefit..

i would steer clear of anything alcohol based.  

its good u clean out bag. i do it once before bedtime.

" clutter" should not build up around yur stoma.  

are u using a two piece system?

the mio sensura flip for me works well..

. with this  appliance,  u can rotate bag, fill it,  splash warm water around and drain it effortlessly.   now u wonder about the back splash of this draining procedure.??

some members kneel in front of the loo.

i prefer standing....and drain into a can with a handle on it.

i found those water dispensers in hospitals are perfect size and volume to do this drain..

they throw them away when u are discharged.  i ask for two. take them home.. a world of difference it makes at home..

what and how do you go about a draining?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,584 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

I have used it and it works without  any problems.  

AlexT

Never heard of it. Is the stuff that goes into bag the same as the room spray they advertise? 

Hisbiscus
Reply to warrior

Hi 

I drain standing in front of the toilet. I put a peice of toilet paper in first. I drain and I rinse with a bottle from a water bottle. I use water wipes on the end outside and inside of the end of the bag. I'm double gloved so that of something gets onto the top pair. I think the hospital containers would be too messy in my case with the rinsing and all it would make things awkward. 

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

They do make a room spray I think but these are for the bag itself. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to Morning glory

When you were using it did you also rinse your bag with water when you emptied? 

warrior
Reply to Hisbiscus

hi. understood.no problem..u own it.

the containers are really water containers the nurses give for drinking water. the handle serves a proper hold on it. so its just not an open container. a water pint sized cup.. 

let me ask you..have u cleaned out a coffee pot? or any type of round container? and rinsed out the thing in the  sink?

was that messy?  sometimes u have to angle the pot or container maybe 45 degrees so the bag empties not full force into the  container but around the sides as it swirls.

this avoids the splat energy. 

standing up, using the container poured into the water does  not make a mess,  unless u are using a step ladder to pour it...for me, its more controlled. there is no paper lining required..and if u flush while pouring it,  there is less smell.

it take time to develop a know - how. this works for me at home.  

standing in front of a toilet even with paper lining ,  was messy and wasteful using so much toilet paper.  and u still got wipe the rim of the toilet.  can u flush at same time?  it reduces smell.  Ask AlexT.  he perfected it. 

I'm 5'11". and no way am i kneeling in front of the loo.  so i tried standing.. even bent at the knees. Gross..way too much time spent there..

sorry. it was too nasty. 

I am glad u found what works for you. keep at it..one of the often phrases used here is that what works for one, may not work for another..

sharing input, tricks,  could make life easier.

AlexT
Reply to Hisbiscus

Gloves? For what? Well, I know why but just wash your hands when you’re done. 🤷‍♂️ Instead of that toilet paper thing in the bowl before emptying, try just flushing the toilet and empty as the water goes down. Takes nearly everything(output and smell) away in seconds. Plus, saves a ton of toilet paper. Best and easiest way, especially with any degree of liquidy output. When you rinse your bag out, fill it with warm water as full as you can and still close the bag easily. Slosh it around with your hand, then empty. Your stoma can get wet, it won’t hurt it at all, I do it every time I empty. 

warrior
Reply to AlexT

✌️pairs too..gloves..

well said .. the flush master has spoken. for it is written. 

Morning glory
Reply to Hisbiscus

No I  don't  have to rinse that often.

Hisbiscus
Reply to warrior

When I first get out of the hospital at home I've used the plastic containers because they wanted me measuring. I did not rinse during that time but as i healed I ditched the plastic and went for the toilet and a water bottle for rinsing. It would be hard to rinse in one of those containers. I think it would make a huge mess. 

Yes the way im.doing it now seems to work and I would no way want to sit and take the chance of backsplash on my girl parts yuk!

warrior

I prefer to rinse my bag Once a Night before bedtime ..

obviously if you have a high liquid output you don't really need to rinse your bag that often but for those times when the output looks kind of thick and wormy I would suggest thats the perfect time..

it just happened this evening and I'm likely to rinse one more time before bedtime....... but doing it after each time I empty sounds a little obsessive to me....

and what's the point it's just going to keep getting dirty within the next 15 minutes you know??  really should try to cut some of your time down to doing something a little more efficient..

I mean you wash your car maybe once a month ....you do your laundry once a week.... you wash your hair maybe  every other shower.... so you get into a routine and it'll be second nature... rinsing  the bag once a Night or when needed..

Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

Hi,

Gloves because for some odd reason I've developed stickiness coming from my bag. Stickiness that is hard to wash off. I used to be able to use just hands and wash. Since my hernia repair the bag ordeal has gone downhill and making things hard to manage in life. 

I will try the flush thing as you say. I put the paper for backsplash and to keep it off the toilet bowl. I do, do the slosh thing only I use cold water cuz the warm seems to melt things more and more stickiness. I can get pancakey at times and watery at other times. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to warrior

I know you're right about rinsing too much but I pancake and then that causes issues. Sometimes I'm watery it just depends. The times ive tried  not rinsing the stool up by the stoma degrades my seal. The drops that help things slide down like adapt and brava have loosened my seal as well because of the rinsing and I still pancaked with it. 

Hisbiscus

So, I wanted to come back to give a review on this sanizone deoderant. I had a pork wrap with cheese. Went to bed later. Put some of this sanizone in.initually smelling fresh and clean. Woke up at 6 am.with output. Oh boy! It did not work at all! I could have cleared this whole place out. Bathroom stinks now and no spray to spray. Had to bleach the toilet and still lingering

my take is m9 and safe and simple are the only  thing that works with m9 being the better of the 2.

Hisbiscus

Just a little update on this deoderizer. Initially I sent an email asking questions when I first purchased. The man just now got back to me telling me this product is being discontinued. He says it will get harder and harder to find until all remaining that were made get sold. 

That's fine with me because it did not work.