Convatec Sion biotext replaces alkare

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

Just found out convatec replaced Alkare adhesive remover wipes and alkare skin barrier wipes with sion biotext. Not sure about ingredients and convatec rep did not even have that info.  Although I did ask for a sample of the adhesive remover  wipes. Hopefully the ingredients will be on the package.

AlexT

When I first got my ostomy I thought I needed barrier wipes at each change and use those Alkare ones. I really did like those, hope they don’t ruin that product with something “new and improved”. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,587 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

I always liked Alkare as well but unfortunately they discontinued them and replaced with this sion boiotext. Alkare gives me good memories of being in the hospital as they had them there. I used them for a while after.  I got my sample of the new ones yesterday so waiting for changing time to try them out. 

aTraveler

aTraveler

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Hisbiscus
Reply to aTraveler

Awesome! Do you have the adhesive remover wipes? If so can you post s pic of the ingredients on those? They only sent me a couple not in the box. I'm kind of debating. Waiting to use until I find out. 

I never knew they would put isopropyl alcohol in barrier wipes

You would think that would melt the adhesive on the pouch barrier.

aTraveler

I don't use their adhesive removal wipes but you can view the Material Safety Data Sheet at this link:

https://www.medline.com/media/catalog/Docs/MSDS/MSD_SDSD721973.pdf

Hisbiscus
Reply to aTraveler

Thanks so much! I asked the rep to get it from the msds but she could not find it lol!! I looked and looked online and I could not find it so I really appreciate that.