Torbot Skin Tac

Replies
Views
VisnuGD

Just wondering if anyone has used both, which one they prefer? I use cavilon or tincture of benzoin or Brava skin prep or ( can't remember what else ) ahh torbot cement but it's just sitting there, never used it. I like to have as many options as I can in case one decides not to stick for whatever reason hence my question. Anyone out there?

Thanks 🙏

Beachboy

I use 3m Cavilon spray and swabs.  Works good for me.  No leaks and skin looks good.   I have a colostomy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,596 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

VisnuGD
Reply to Beachboy

I have it, it's the one I use the most 😀

Mark1070

love the skin-tac liquid

aTraveler

A lot will depend on anatomy, placement of stoma and whether you have a colostomy or ileostomy. Also the brand appliance you are using is a factor. You really do have to experiment with different products to see what works. I have a colostomy with semi-solid stool. My stoma is pretty high up on my abdomin and the pouch doesn't reach my waist while standing. I used ConvaTec's appliance in the hospital and Hollister in the rehab facility. I also experimented with Coloplast when I was finally able to go home. Coloplast and ConvaTec worked the best for me. I liked ConvaTec's pouches better but Coloplast's wafer had much better adhesion. I finally settled on an adhesive coupled ConvaTec moldable convex skin barrier with Coloplast's Brava straight barrier strips. This configuration gives me 4 days between wafer changes. Skin Tac liquid adhesive with the Coloplast appliance allowed for 5 days between wafer changes. I also am using a 2-piece appliance with closed pouches. I have provided all this information to give an idea of the factors involved. I was able to experiment with free samples. I have found four setups for me that work without leaks. That reminds me I also use Eakin seals (thin). To get optimum results you must experiment.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
VisnuGD

Been there done that. I'm a Hollister guy, I don't like ColoSplat ( not a typo ) , convatec is my 2nd best. Will post some pictures of supplies I'm donating if interested. I've tried a bunch of skin barrier wipes, never tried torbot that's why I asked for the better one. Thanks

aTraveler

I have tried both the Torbot Bonding Cement and the Skin Tac Liquid Adhesive. The bonding cement was stickier but lasted only slightly longer. The bonding cement contains latex. If you have sensitive skin you will want to stay away from it. Skin Tac is easy to apply and does not contain latex. They both allowed me to keep my wafer on a fifth day, although the bonding cement seemed to be able to last longer but the turtle necking of my moldable barrier had begun to deteriorate. The cement leaves more residue behind. It's harder to get all the cement out of the can when you get near the end of the can. There was no such problem with the Skin Tac liquid adhesive. They both are useful for extending the amount of time the wafer adheres to the skin. They are not as good at stopping leaks if the bag's basic adherence is not that good. Again, I have a colostomy and results may be much different with an ileostomy. Of the two I much prefer Skin Tac.

VisnuGD
Reply to aTraveler

Cement has latex yup I'm allergic to it 😡. I ordered both liquid and wipes to try. It's free so 🤷

Hisbiscus

I like cavilon myself. The skin tac I've tried and it really is what it says. Cavilon I find is a great barrier wipe if your having skin issues under your flange 

I also found that safe and simple really sticks but you will get build up from that one eventually.

ValerieCO62

Skin tac hurts because my skin is never without some breakdown. Convatec or Brava spray works for me.