Pain after op

Replies
Views
Allan69

Anyone had a rectal closure who can advise me how long the pain and discomfort lasts

I am 2 weeks post op and finding it tough going 

warrior

Morning. Welcome. You are talking about a kenn butt. Complete sewn up butt hole, yes? 

If so. There should be no pain , man. What type of pain? Ache? Burning?  Mostly it's discomfort.

Pain from standing? Sitting?  U were advised how to sit correct, if sitting was permitted.

We can help. No worries. More details my friend.

Moments after reading your profile- my bad. U are a colostomy with burning sensations. Ouch.  The burn is not good. Are u leaking? Anything coming out of that closed butt?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,611 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

True pain, none. Being really sore type of pain, a few days. Being able to sit on any type of chair, I’ll let you know cause after 3 years there are still certain chair types/styles that I only last a few seconds on while others I can sit all day. 

Hisbiscus

It's going to take a long time but it gets better as it heals. I think ot took maybe a month or two and maybe longer for me. It's now been since 2018 and I have no more pain there. 

eefyjig

Two weeks out is still early. I had pain for at least four or five weeks, then it slowly diminished and went away. But at two weeks? I was still taking Percocet at that point. I remember the pain! Just comparing to my experience, what you're feeling is normal. Give it some more time. You'll be okay.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister