Storing supplies while caravanning

Replies
Views
Amaryllis

Hi! I got my ileostomy 3 months ago. We love to go caravanning (touring caravan). Our caravan does not have air conditioning. Any tips about the best way to keep my ostomy supplies in a caravan that can be super hot and super cold, depending on whatever weather gets thrown at us!

Thank you!

xnine

I had spare supplies in the car and the front and back of my bag welded together making it useless. If you have small cooler I would use that.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,579 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mysterious Mose

I have a question. Just how hot does it get in the UK? My understanding is that a hot summer day is in the high 70s F. Even with your humidity, that's not exactly oppressive. But since a caravan is towed, why not carry your supplies in your vehicle which I assume has windows?

Daniel

Caz67

Hiya 

I stored mine in my caravan in the cupboard and they were still okay xx

Ben38

In the carboard box they come in, in a cupboard as long as you don't leave them in there for years they will be ok, when it's cold pop bag in your pocket for a few minutes or I've heard women saying they put them in there bra to warm them up. 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
warrior

There are coolers that plug into the cigarette light socket where u can maintain a comfortable climate for yur osty supplies. Not too cold  or hot.. ..

Bad idea to  leave the car with osty supplies just laying there.....ambient tempt is one thing. Car interior heat is another. 

Tempts  vary higher to 20 degrees over ambient. 30-40 

IF parked without shade. Windows up. Interior color. 

All factors.

A cooler is the answer. 

AlexT

This isn’t that complicated. Keep the stuff out of direct sunlight and you’ll be fine. A small lunch cooler actually insulates both ways, that’s what I keep my extra stuff in my truck and I’ve had no issues.