Miracle: Non-Cancerous Biopsy Results for Ostomy Patient!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
hometown

Hello all my ostomy friends. I wanted to share my story with all of you as miracles do happen. I had my colostomy done in 2009 due to cancer of the colon. Like most of you, surgery was not an easy thing for me and I was in rehab for 8 weeks after a long hospital stay. I had very difficult times adjusting to my colostomy and still have problems with burning and sores. Well, I had a PET/CT done in May of 2011 and everything was okay. Then in November, I had a repeat PET/CT done and lo and behold, a mass was found in my pelvic area, and it lit up on the PET scan. The oncologist was very concerned that a recurrence had developed, so he ordered a biopsy. Well, I searched the internet for weeks and nothing I found was good about this type of mass. Well, after weeks of waiting for the biopsy to be done and then waiting for the doctor's appointment, I had pretty much worked myself up to the worst that could be happening. Now the miracle. Last week, I went for my results and the biopsy came back non-cancerous. My oncologist was really surprised and, to say the least, I was in a state of shock. I always believed in prayers, but this was truly a miracle and when my doctor said Merry Christmas a bit early, I had tears in my eyes. Well, I wanted to share this with all my friends on here just to show you never lose faith. May you all have a very Merry Christmas and keep the Lord in your prayers. Joyce

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero
Wonderful news, Joyce. Merry Christmas.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
wend

Great news, Joyce!! Well done you!
I too had the all clear from cancer a few weeks ago, my op was Jan 2010,
You have a great Christmas too,
Wendy x

Sandy

Great news, Joyce!! Sounds like the best Christmas present ever.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Sandy

Past Member

Thanks for posting that.
It is good to read some good news for a change.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member

What great news this is, Joyce. You must be over the moon. Faith and prayers are a wonderful thing to have. Thank you for sharing this with us. Take care, Ambies.

iMacG5
Thanks so much for sharing.  Mike
CY

In 3 more days, I will have my colostomy for going on 10 years. After taking chemo for 6 months, I had a spot on my liver gone. The doctor could not believe it. My wife and I prayed a lot, and the doctor said it was a miracle. But prayers can do a lot. I took chemo with a pump that I had strapped to my chest. A tube was inserted into my chest. I have never run into anybody who took chemo this way. Keep up on the prayers.

hometown

Hello everyone out there. Thanks for reading my post and just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all of you and may we all have a great New Year with positive things happening. I am so happy to have all of you as friends. Prayers to all. Joyce

Past Member

Praise God! He is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Jupiter

Great