Bath Plug: Reviews and Recommendations?

Replies
Views
tess45

I have heard that there is a "plug" that can be used if you want to take a bath - I am interested in this product. Has anybody used them and if so, how well do they work and who makes them - there is nothing better. Thanks, Terr.

Past Member

Several years ago, Hollister made a plug. But, I don't think it is still on the market. The other day, a post was made about Vitala, a product by Convatec. This product covers the stoma and is waterproof for bathing and swimming. Hope this helps.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,466 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I guess it can only be used with a colostomy? I have an ileostomy, so more liquid.

joeweld

I use a Tupperware bowl over the pouch after I empty it and roll it up to fit, then I secure it with a cloth belt from a backpack from Walmart.
I even go swimming in the lake with a long t-shirt so as to not upset anyone else.
Bath, shower, no problem. You will find a way to make it work.
Try it, you'll like it.
Joe
Tried and true at 72.

sunnydisposition.

Hi, if you think about it, you don't need a plug up your bottom to bathe, so should you need a plug in your stoma? If you are like me and have a regular poo, you might know when you are due to go. I always bathe without the bag. But you could get a supply of mini caps which are good to wear under your swimming costume as well.
Nova makes them.
Good luck.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
tess45

No, the plug's not for my bottom - it's for the stoma. I see that there are plugs for colostomates, but I can't seem to find anything for people with an ileostomy - I really don't like the idea of taking a bath with the bag and flange or without them - don't want to muddy the water so to speak. LMSO - Can't seem to find anything on the internet for Nova - do you have a link to the website?