Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 21,246 members

Found Lower Cost Ostomy Supplies Website

Talk to people who understand you Sign up today - for many, our community has been a life-changing experience.
Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:02 pm
While I was again researching cheaper ostomy supplies for us, I came across another website called healthwarehouse.com. All of my supplies are on the site. The prices are so much cheaper than Liberator, Edgepark and other suppliers. I just ended up purchasing a box of 20 Hollister New Image mini 7" drainable w/filter pouches for $55 with free shipping. If I had used my medical insurance company, I would have paid tons more by using them because I haven't yet reached my yearly deductible. So, it was much cheaper to pay out of pocket than to go through my insurance! Another good website is http://www.bestbuyostomy.com/. They were slightly higher in costs, but not by much! I'm trying the mini pouches to see if they look better under shorts and bathing suits...yes, we girls are modest and self-conscious! So, after I receive/use them, I'll get back to you to let you know if they look better while wearing shorts/swimsuits, etc. and whether the shorter pouch is as effective and manageable as the normal 12".

Last edited by Green Eyed Lady on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:21 pm
awesome great detective work! i checked best buy supplies and their a few bucks cheaper in both price and shipping on what i use from where i have been buying from the past 5 yrs -now gonna check the other site. Smile
Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Green Eyed Lady wrote:
While I was again researching cheaper ostomy supplies for us, I came across another website called heathwarehouse.com

You miss-typed the Nmae Trica, its http://healthwarehouse.com -you left out the "L' thats why a hyper link was not created
Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 am
It figures! With my particular disability, I've lost words and spelling of words (in addition to having an ostomy). Could you please put this in my blog (or whatever it is) so that everyone knows the correct link? I'd appreciate it since it took me about 45 minutes just to find out how to do it - and now I've forgotten. I'd appreciate your help! Thanks so much.

Tricia
Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:26 pm
Thanks for the great information, any time someone shares tips it helps a great many of us...cheers!
Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 pm
For Greeneyed Lady: Just trying to be helpful gal, its pretty easy for you to make the change in your post, actuall pretty simple. Lets try to talk you into it. If you click on your post, up on the right hand corner you will see three boxes, Reply, Quote, and Edit, got that? All you have to do is click on Edit and it will bring your post back to where you were before you hit submit, now before you hit submit again all you have to do is place your cursor where you want the "L" and when you hit the "L" just click on submit and you're work is done. Hope this helps. I might add only on your posts will you see the word Edit, so only you can fix it, give it a try, ok, Ed
Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 pm
here' the best souce yet Trica! http://www.ostogroup.org it an help organization not a business -they take donations from people and ones from manufacturers (that just write them off as a tax donation) -and they sell to people with no insurance and they only charge you for the shipping and handling. the make and style i use is  less than a 1/3 of the cost the lowest online retailer i have found yet. Smile
Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:16 pm
hi  just was wondering if it is a Canadian site or |US| site.  I have found www.canmeddiret.ca.  There is free shipping for orders over $150.  If you live in Ontario, Canada,  and have a permanent colostomy or ileostomy you applied to ADP prgram and get $300 twice a year towards stmy supplies.   On my next cheque, I plan on using this company.  It those site you named are good for both Canada and US, will definitely look into them.
Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:51 pm
if you asking about Ostogroup Ladydi53 -the answer is yes they are a U.S. Based operation out of Florida
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.