Chick Fil-A

Replies
Views
christiesdad
Now this orta open sumpin up!

Does any body have any idea about what all the hullabaloo is about this chicken restaurant?

As far as I can figure it out, some people are protesting them because they say the restaurant discriminates against gays. Yet I hear that they have gay employees. Do the protesters claim that Chick filet is against only some gay people, and not others.

Old Mike sure started something didn't he? Good for him.

Seems to me that the protestor's got egg all over their faces, (pun intended)

Maybe some people are taking this freedom of speech thing too far. Maybe it should only be the right of every radical and not be extended to the average American? By the way I am kinda confused on that too, just what is an average American? And am I one? I draw Social Security, am on Medicare, drive a van , cause my stuff kept getting wet in my pickup truck, which is now resting comfortably on 4 concrete blocks in my side yard.

Sure is a delima, trying to be an average American, but I am an American, just not sure about the "average"
Past Member
The CEO came out against gay marriage citing god's wrath or whatever other nonsense.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

i belive this is correct, simply the guys personal opinion. since he is an american and evidently a christian and a sucessful businessman, this in turn angered every left wing wacko in the country. since the left wing wackos and our news/entertainment industry wackos all hate america, christians and sucessful business people, they jumped right on board to try and crucify the guy. evidently it didnt go over too well with the average american, who happen to like christians, sucessful business people and love america.
they{average americans} all showed up to show their support and the place sold a lot of chicken. nbsp; nbsp;the guy evidently nbsp; nbsp;has a set of balls , and didnt back down and apoligise to the wackos or kiss their asses{which is what they are used to}. the next time i am near a chick-fil-a nbsp; nbsp;i will certianly buy a chicken sandwich from them, simply because i love america and admire people who have the balls to stand up for what they belive in. nbsp; nbsp;i love happy endings.....
christiesdad

i belive this is correct, simply the guys personal opinion. since he is an american and evidently a christian and a sucessful businessman, this in turn angered every left wing wacko in the country. since the left wing wackos and our news/entertainment industry wackos all hate america, christians and sucessful business people, they jumped right on board to try and crucify the guy. evidently it didnt go over too well with the average american, who happen to like christians, sucessful business people and love america.
they{average americans} all showed up to show their support and the place sold a lot of chicken. nbsp; nbsp;the guy evidently nbsp; nbsp;has a set of balls , and didnt back down and apoligise to the wackos or kiss their asses{which is what they are used to}. the next time i am near a chick-fil-a nbsp; nbsp;i will certianly buy a chicken sandwich from them, simply because i love america and admire people who have the balls to stand up for what they belive in. nbsp; nbsp;i love happy endings.....   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

MMSH,
I am with you. nbsp; nbsp;Ain't it nice that there are some of us left?

By the way did you hear about the shooting at that Muslem Mosque over the weekend?
They are gonna really stir up some shit about that.
KennyT
Why bother when you do you receive personal attacks in return.It used to be a little better around here but now I know why so many have drifted away.And why you had to raise that is beyond me. Some innocent people lost their lives. That is a shame no matter the religion.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
gutenberg
Its too bad in a way,as the victims were all Sikhs', Indian heritage, and a real peaceful lot, and a lot of people mistakenly call them Muslim, a real crowd pleaser wherever they go. I best leave it at that. Ed
KennyT
Could not have said that better Ed.Next time some fact checking may be in order CD.
gutenberg
Actually I had a conversation with my brother earlier to day and he also called the victims muslim and I had to show him some pictures of Sikhs in fighter planes fighting for the allies and the strange thing was the pilot was wearing his turban and many other pictures of other sikhs in uniform and also wearing their turbans, so even I learned a lot from that history. Also it was not my intention to belittle anybody, especially CD, by my post and I would hope he was aware of that, Ed
christiesdad
Actually, I did not research the event at all. Like so many, I suppose, I just jumped to a conclusion. I know nothing about the religion. What I meant by my post that here was another mass shooting and that since it was at a religious place, the proverbable shit would hit the fan. I meant no disrespect. If anyone is offended, I am sorry. Wasn't meant as.

Thanks Gute.
christiesdad
You know there's just a chance that the Bible and it's admonishments is not a bunch of balderdsh. A whole lot of people guide their lives by that written word. Scriptures from the Old Testement are and have been proven historically factual. There is a place that when conditions are perfect the Red Sea can seperate and then close back. The pyramids do exist. There was a Soddom and a Gommorah. The great flood did occur. So, if all that is factual, isn't it just possible that the scriptures found in the New Testiment are factual as well. Jesus was a real person. So was Judas and all the deciples, also Pilot, Caesar,Peter. So why is the New Testament not factual.
Alluding to the fact that all religions, true religions, that advocate peace, goodwill, and love for their fellow man are entitled to their own diversions from what ever Scriptures are theirs.

Don't try to impose them on me.... I have enough problems handling my own convictions. I am not trying to open up a discussion on religion, as I know the old addage. "Weather, politics and religion"

I'd be careful about calling God's wrath, nonsense.
christiesdad

Kenny, nbsp; nbsp;You are no stranger when it comes to issueing personal attack yourself.
gutenberg
Without really getting into any particular religion, here's a story I watched on TV. A couple of retired American professors set out to see if they could prove the Great Flood, and prove it they did to such an extent it was almost unbelievable, but they had their proof, and just a couple of examples, drilling cores in the Mediterranean sea they found shells of fresh water clams, so at one time the Med was only a small lake, but even greater than that was what they found in the Black Sea, thanks to some Russian geological ships, they were able to show our seekers where there were whole villages underwater, deep underwater, so OK they have found indisputable proof of a Great Flood, so far so good, but the really amazing thing was how did so much water accumulate and they figured that after the last ice age the water in the Atlantic rose enough to be higher than the Med lake, the water found a way to cut through the solid rock at Gibraltar and after the water started coming over the rocks they figured that at the height of the deluge the water not only filled the Med but now it had to also cut through the solid rock that now we now know as The Bosporus, sp? and if you ever seen this cut through the rock, well, our intrepid searchers went on to inform how much water it would take to do all this cutting, they were throwing figures around like at both places the water would be coming over the tops of these cuts would be a thousand times greater than what comes over Niagara Falls, and man, if that ain't a Flood, from Gibraltar to the Black Sea, then I'd hate to see a big flood. And so ends my babble for today, and I've tried to cut it short so nobody will fall asleep reading it. Ed
christiesdad

Hey Gute,
That was very interesting indeed. nbsp; nbsp;Further, I for the life of me cannot understand why, since there have been nbsp; nbspall kind of reports about parts, at least. of the Ark resting o Mt. Ararat the entire world has not demanded that Turkey give permission to explore this.
gutenberg
Yeah, funny you should bring that up, I remember seeing pictures of what they assumed was the Ark up on the mountains, I mean who else would be up there with a big boat? And I wonder if it was because quite a few people died trying to reach it, and I think the air is so thin up there that a helicopter couldn't stay airborne in that environment. Also at certain times the boat couldn't be photographed as the changes in the weather, like lots of snow would make it disappear, but at least, I think, they still have the pictures when it was still visible. And now we all know where Mount Ararat is, geography we didn't get in school. I think I'll have to see if Google can bring it up,take care my good man, Gute
Past Member
I agree with Kenny on this, but i agree with MMSH that someone with a firearm in the right place and time may have prevented the shooting in the first place. provided it's the right someone and all that.

HOWEVER

this should be its own thread, including what i think Gutenberg was saying that it was Sikh (sp?!) and not muslim (or whatever that was).

I want to talk more about citing god's wrath and other such nonsense...
christiesdad
Sinfulsot,
I don't know what you have in mind, when you say, you want to talk more about God's wrath and other such nonsense. But I will talk about it. Ever have an occasion when your hair on the back of your neck "stands up"? You can say that everyone has experienced that, and you would be right. Most people, at one time or other have experienced that uncomfortable feeling. But why? Sometimes it happens with no fore warning, actually almost always it happens with no forewarning. And, it is always when something somewhat unpleasant is going to happen, or so it seems at the time. Why is that? You did not create the feeling. You just know that it is not a pleasant feeling. Sometimes you change your course of action when feeling this sensation. Why? Because you consider this a warning of something that is going to happen and you don't want it to happen. (Let me interject this at this time, I keep saying "you". I don't mean that you are doing this, I am just useing the word you and I mean anyone, everyone, someone. So, please don't take this personally, ok?) When one does something that they know is wrong, where does that guilt feeling come from? If one takes it back to a point in time, it probably is from childhood training about, telling the truth, don't talk bad about someone. the things that ones parents and especially Grand Parants taught. And that was probably based on someone's religious convictions, albeit, not maybe so much God fearing, but from God at any rate.

I am presuming that you are agnostic. That is your inalienable right. To us though that are God fearing, we do believe in Gods Wrath and in our own initable way have witnessed it from time to time in our lives, I know I have. I don't put a lot of stock in the "written word" per se. After all it was written be a man, not God. It is just a feeling that He does exist. There are just too many things that have no other explanation, other than devine providence. Look at the modern day miracles, Fatima, the statue of Mary that cries blood on Easter, The influence of Mother Teresa. Certainly not a very imposing woman, but having heads of state honor her.

My opinion, and it is just that. If I just believe in one tenat of my faith, it is Gods Wrath. And I don't want to provoke it. The consequences are just to severe.
Past Member
christiesdad, i should have been more specific not just about citing god's wrath but the whole business behind the attention the media is giving chick-fil-a; i.e., gay marriage.

but since you're talking god, for me it's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of faith. i was raised roman catholic in an italian-american household. I enjoy my blasphemous heathen status.

even if i was more active in the faith of my family of origin, i think i'd still be pro gay marriage.
christiesdad
OOPS, Sinfulsot,
Looks like I was really out of line refering to you as an agnostic. Please accept my appology. It just seemed to me that, that was the case when you referred to God's wrath as nonsense. I stand corrected. (Heh, Heh, I know that Kenny will weigh in on this, is ok I am loaded for him.) Just curious though, how in the world, with a Catholic upbringing. can you refer to God's Wrath as non-sense and be pro-gay marriage? I just accept the things I cannot change and hope I have the wisdom to know which is which. Besides at my age, who gives a damn?

Look forward to many discussions with you along these lines and hope we have some others join in on the conversation. It sure as hell beats talking about that thing on our sides and advice on how to handle dates, etc. Lets face it, as far as that thing on our sides, there ain't but one way to handle it and every body does it the same way. The end result is the same. Some of us are lucky and lose it, others are not and are stuck with it, Make the best out of a bad situation.
Past Member

no worries; certainly no offense taken.

As a blasphemous heathen any reference to god's wrath merely incites me to be more snarky than usual. being pro-gay marriage, or more specifically anti- anti-gay marriage, is more from my observations about people than being said heathen. I also seek to know what i can change and what i cannot and being somewhat half your age, i can taste that "who gives a damn at my age" mentality. ! I like it.