Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Atheists and Agnostics on this site

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.
                                 
iMacG5 wrote:
  Depending on whom I ask I’ll get a scientific or religious answer or just a weird look.
Thanks for your patience.  Mike


Hope I'm not out of line but may I ask, what other kind of answer is even possible? Altho I do not like the term religious b/c I believe religion is not true Faith.
I found this quite interesting reading and would like to continue seeing how others express their thoughts on the subject. Or just start a new post and continue as we shouldn't change the original concept of the title of this post.
These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:03 pm
                                 
mtnbiker72 wrote:
I consider myself non-religious but spiritual. To quote my favorite author (Edward Abbey)

"I am not an Atheist, I am a Eartheist"

Even when I was deathly sick, I never felt the need to pray. My thoughts were with my family and how they would do without me.

I do not believe in a diety, I do not believe in an afterlife. I do believe in nature, in the cosmos, in things that happen that cannot be explained (yet).

I just wanted to see if others out there feel similar, please join this thread.

Aaron


PS-If you are religious, please refrain from commenting on this thread, it's not for you.



Can you please explain where the disdain lies here as for the life of me I cannot see it Jack. I am not surprised Aaron did not post again as it appears that if you hold a differing opinion to yours then look out. As for your last comment regarding Aaron the less said the better. Oh and by the way please do not forget YOU apologised for your comments regarding so called disdain.
Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:01 am
                                 
KennyT wrote:



Can you please explain where the disdain lies here as for the life of me I cannot see it Jack. I am not surprised Aaron did not post again as it appears that if you hold a differing opinion to yours then look out. As for your last comment regarding Aaron the less said the better. Oh and by the way please do not forget YOU apologised for your comments regarding so called disdain.


Kenny,
You tickle the hell out of me.  You say that anyone holding a different opinion from me to "look out". You, of all people, are the one to "look out" for. Not only me, but I recall several people in the past who have disagreed with you that caught pure hell for doing so. You have insulted countless others for not sharing your diatribe ideals in that you have even stooped to calling a few of us names such as bigots, racists and some that I cannot recall. You, son, had better stop it with those rocks or you are going to bring your glass house down around your ears.
At least you didn't make reference to the fact that this was a typical American, gun toting, liberal reaction.  You're getting better!
Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:24 am
Well that will do me. When you find where once I have EVER called anyone a racist or a bigot you let me know. It will be a fruitless search for you. Oh and by the way I have raised issues regarding guns I admit but I believe you resorted to the name calling because I voiced my opinion. Do not ever accuse me of calling people racists or bigots as it never happened. And do you know why you miraculously cannot recall the other names I supposedly called people? It is because it did not happen. Get it right if you want to accuse someone or you tend to look foolish.

You just make up things like mothers, apple pie, racists and bigots. Go through each and every post of mine. You my sir are wrong on many levels. Get back to me when you conclude your search. Good luck.


ps. You may as well double up and find all these fervent anti American criticisms (other than the gun issue)I have supposedly made. I would like to know myself but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:10 am
                                 
KennyT wrote:
Go through each and every post of mine..




let`s see now......go thru and re-read every post kenny has made......OR stick my weiner in a meat grinder and listen to some yoko ono cd`s.........yep...i`m going with yoko ono....
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Do you reckon it would be long enough? Weighing in eh MMSH? No answers I am guessing if I am not wrong. Another personal attack as an answer. Good stuff and once again you just reinforce things.

Bye bye. Sick of this gang mentality.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 pm
MMSH,
Don't you  realize by now, that to say anything in disagreement with "Mr.Anti-American Anything" is tantamount to committing one of the "seven deadly sins"?  Even though in the past he has forgiven you for some of your remarks, while chastising me for mine?  As I am sure, he  will do, in response to this post?  How  many times  has  he "bowed out" of the conversation, only to come  back  with some of his diatribe, two or three posts later?  The man is simply paranoid.
Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 am
Amazing!!! When did I bow out of this previously? And as I stated I have not aired any anti American thoughts other than the gun issue but yet you continue with your utter trash. If you want to prove it then check but that won't happen because as I said it will make you look foolish. Just continue to make things up.

I think that the majority will see this for what it is.
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:34 am
                                 
KennyT wrote:
Weighing in eh MMSH?.


lighten up kt, i`m just interjecting a little humor........
Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 am
                                 
mild_mannered_super_hero wrote:


lighten up kt, i`m just interjecting a little humor........


Yeah but that meat grinder and and yoko ono, yuck
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 pm
AND,  it  was  Yoko's boy friend John  that got their  music  banned  from  S. Africa with his  remark  about  Jesus,  remember?  (nothing  to do  with this  thread,  just  thought  I'd throw  it  in)
Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 pm
It's all cool guys. Take care.
Past Member
Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:23 am
Sounds exactly like what YOU do CD!


Past Member
Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:30 am
And,.. what WAS John's remark about Jesus, CD?,.. do YOU remember? I do,.. and it was taken all out of context by a bunch of bible thumpers like yourself. John Lennon has done more to try to spread the message of peace and love and tolerance than ANY "Christian" church or organization anywhere throughout history. Go preach somewhere else fool!
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject:
AND,  it  was  Yoko's boy friend John  that got their  music  banned  from  S. Africa with his  remark  about  Jesus,  remember?  (nothing  to do  with this  thread,  just  thought  I'd throw  it  in)
Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:06 am
                                 
waterboy wrote:
And,.. what WAS John's remark about Jesus, CD?,.. do YOU remember? I do,.. and it was taken all out of context by a bunch of bible thumpers like yourself. John Lennon has done more to try to spread the message of peace and love and tolerance than ANY "Christian" church or organization anywhere throughout history. Go preach somewhere else fool!
as a matter of fact I do remember what Lennon said . It is nice that you remember it too!!Where the hell do you come off accusing me of preaching? There is another quote that is very apprapo for this joyous occasion, " better to let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:25 pm
You have certainly achieved that on many occasions. More like continually making a fool of yourself with silly untrue comments. More to the point.

Could not be bothered with your inane comments and accusations any longer. to give them credence is utter time wasting.
Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm
                                 
KennyT wrote:
You have certainly achieved that on many occasions. More like continually making a fool of yourself with silly untrue comments. More to the point.

Could not be bothered with your inane comments and accusations any longer. to give them credence is utter time wasting.


I  presume  this  is  just one  more  time  that  you  are  going  to  dismiss me  and  give  the  impression  that  you  are  not  going  to  post  in  this  thread  again?Sigh, oh sigh, more to  the  point-  your command of  the  English language  is  beginning  to  wane  somewhat.  You  know  what?  your  remarks  about  how  others all agree  with  you on  what  ever  you  and  I disagree on?  Try  to  recall  just one incident where  that  was  the  case.  Besides I  kinda  enjoy  getting  your  goat!
If  you  noticed,  Sir  Galahad,  my  last  post was  not  even  directed at  you.  However,  on  your  White Charger with  drawn  Excaliber,  to  the rescue you  came!
Past Member
Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:45 pm
as a matter of fact I do remember what Lennon said . It is nice that you remember it too!!Where the hell do you come off accusing me of preaching? There is another quote that is very apprapo for this joyous occasion, " better to let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."


Last edited by Past Member on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:33 pm
                                 
waterboy wrote:
..exactly why I called you as fool C.D.
as a matter of fact I do remember what Lennon said . It is nice that you remember it too!!Where the hell do you come off accusing me of preaching? There is another quote that is very apprapo for this joyous occasion, " better to let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."


Waterboy,
Better  keep  to  your  profession as your name implies.  You  are getting  in over  your  head metamorfically here.  Just  sit  and  watch.
Past Member
Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:15 am
Metamorfically? ....did you mean "Metaphorically"? ... and I'm getting in over MY head, am I?
Sit and watch what?... you making an ass of yourself? .. been doing that for some time C.D.  Wink
Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:21 pm
                                 
waterboy wrote:
Metamorfically? ....did you mean "Metaphorically"? ... and I'm getting in over MY head, am I?
Sit and watch what?... you making an ass of yourself? .. been doing that for some time C.D.  Wink


I  stand  corrected  for  the  typo Sir!  At  any  rate,  I  imagine  that  the  real  brain  powers,  and  I  do  not  mean  this  facifiously like Xerpes, Primeboy, Vulcan, MMSH, Gutenberg, and more that I  cannot  name at  the  present  time,  are all  laughing  their  asses  off  at  this  diatribe  going  on  between  you,  me  and  Kenny,  So  in  the  interest  of  sobreity ,I will bow  out,  and  not  make a  future  comment.
Good bye
Past Member
Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:37 am
This would have been a good thread had it stayed on topic. Alas...
Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 am
                                 
Sinfulsot wrote:
This would have been a good thread had it stayed on topic. Alas...


Sinful,
You are right.  As far as my participation goes,  I apologize to you and the others for letting myself get drawn into this exchange and some of my remarks.   I will be more careful in the future.
Jack
Past Member
Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:41 am
My work here is done  Wink
Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 pm
Wow, did this argument really start because some folks believe in science n some believe in magic?. On an Ostomy site?..... Hey, I'm loving the irony of it :@)
Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:28 pm
                                 
sweede wrote:
Wow, did this argument really start because some folks believe in science n some believe in magic?. On an Ostomy site?..... Hey, I'm loving the irony of it :@)


Hi sweede great to see you posting again.  But I think you'll admit that there is room for a lot of shit as this thread progressed, science or magic at least some of it fits in an ostomy forum, and I'm trying to remain neutral in my stardust cocoon, Ed
Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm
Aye... Great to hear from you again too big G, ach I'm bored is all, thought I'd pass the time taking pot shots in a barrel of fish lol
Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:00 am
Ah, Sweede,
You sound like  my  kind  of  guy!
You and I have never exchanged  comments, so, I am looking forward to the experience.
Lets both load up and let the potshots begin! Now if only someone will open up a thread on the target range.
Jack
Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:05 pm

dot



Last edited by ZaliBee on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:54 pm

I was raised in a very religous Christian sect, but as I grew older and learned to question the things that I was taught, I have to say that I've become quite the atheist.

No,  I don't believe that there is a God in the sky who has anything to do with what goes on anywhere.  Science is a thing and evolution brought us to the point we are now.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 26    
3 members & 23 visitors