Swimming with Kids: Pool or Natural Water?

Replies
Views
Penguins7

Hi Blessed, I just returned from a 1-week vacation in Cancun and I was swimming in the pool and the ocean. My advice is don't put a new wafer on in the morning and hit the pool right away. Put the wafer on the night before and it will have proper time to adhere to your skin. Other than that, have fun! Penguins7

Seagirl1044

Hi, please tell me how you were able to keep the wafer dry? Did you change to a new one each night? I'm talking about the cloth outside the wafer. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Hopefully, I can learn how you were able to do this and I can pass this along to other disabled American veterans. In the Space Coast area of Viera, Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,691 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Seagirl1044

Sincerely, Seagirl1044

Penguins7

Hello Seagirl, The wafer is exposed to water but I use the Coloplast ones that are more of a plastic than a cloth wafer. Since I was in the pool/ocean and in the sun all day, I changed it out every night to ensure I didn't have problems and it worked great. I put plastic tabs over the filter so no water penetrated through the filter. Good luck. Penguins7

blessedtobealive50

Thank you, everyone. I still haven't gone swimming but plan on it within a few weeks, leaving on the 28th and coming back on 2 July.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister