Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,339 members

Feeling unattractive

Posted by Primeboy, on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:16 am

When I first visited this site in early 2011, I was curious how people were adjusting to the challenges of the ostomy. At the time, I was in my mid 60's and felt that the best years of my life were enjoyed and that any extra good years were all gravy. Sure, there were a few bumps left on the road. I remember while driving to teach a class one afternoon I found a nasty surprise under my belt. I had to deal with the situation and take steps to avoid it in the future. I eventually found a lot of great practical ideas here; but, more importantly, I found a spirit especially in young people that rejects despair. Over time I have come to appreciate that the cards I have been dealt are as valuable as my mind chooses, no more or no less.

PB 

Reply by LadyHope, on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:47 pm

These are valuable words of wisdom PB.  Thank you for sharing them as always.  Take care and enjoy your weekend.  LadyHope

Reply by ycats, on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 pm

i just finished a post on the subject......

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.