Life

Replies
Views
megalyman

This may be a little long so bear with me. I am 60yo male and will be 61 this year. I have a masters degree (not that it matters) and had a professional carrer. I had my ileostomy on 2007. The surgery went way bad and I spent 3 months in the hospital. The surgon really messed up and cut the nerves to my pelvic area so now I have to use a catheter to urinate and can no longer get an erection even though my mind wants to. I also have Hepatitis C which is inactive but tecnically still there. I was divorced several years ago and moved to a place just north of Dallas where I don't know anybody. I have relatives who live close to me so I can do things with them but they have there own lives and I don't want to just hang with them. I have been married 4 times. I divorced twice and was divorced twice so I guess that makes me even. I would like to find friends, both male and female. I would like to have a female live with me. Of course the sex thing is something that can be gotten around by other means. I know everybody says hang in there, be patient, things will be alright. The thing is, I am not good at being single. Since I got out of the Navy in 1979 I have probably not been without female companship for more than 3 months (until now). Some lasted a day and some lasted over 10 years. I'm sure you get the point. I am finacially independent and don't need somebody to pay my way and I really don't want to pay someone elses way. Things don't have to be equal but some contribution needs to be there. I believe in the teachings of Jesus but have not been to church in decades. I could start again but I don't feel right going just to meet a mate. I like to do lots of things, don't smoke or over drink. Due to a recent hospital stay for dehydration and a UTI I am down a few pounds but that will come back with time. Trust me, if you eat right it's hard to put on pounds fast. To wrap this up, what advice or suggestions do you have for me? Both males and females can comment.

Ewesful

Wish you lived closer - you sound like a real person who would enjoy some of the action here. I am continuing on my ;farm and have learned to live alone. The big piece of advice or whatever, is to be positive in your attitude and be true to your self--

My daughter just got her gene test back and also has FAP - not an easy road ahead for her and I am devastated at the news but it could be so much worse. Hep C has some medical treatments now that are great- I trust you are on top of that info.

My faith has kept me going and it will be a positive for you as well... Marriage is not everything and living alone ;really gives you a picture of who you are and what you can be. I wish you the very best.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.