Hoping for Good News

In this discussion
Replies
Views
hawk

I have an appointment tomorrow in reference to my bag reversal and reconstructing my stomach. Diverticulitis last year exploded a four-inch section of my gut. I stayed 79 days in the hospital and 7 weeks to learn how to walk again. I was told that septic shock syndrome affected my leg muscles, causing me to be unable to walk without "Forest Gump" braces. My left leg came back, but I still cannot control my right leg. The bag situation is my primary concern. I lost 90 percent of my stomach muscles due to some type of staff infection called "MRSA". Well, the bag is not flush and the adapter has to be placed at a half-moon position on the side, which causes it to leak quite a bit to the point I cannot attend many functions and am pretty much homebound. I am an avid outdoors person and would like to hunt and fish again.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

Hi Hawk,

How did you make out with your appointment? There are a few threads on how and what folks use and do to help keep their bags sticking, maybe you can check them out and find some answers that will help you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
hawk

Thanks, Mrs. AI. I was told that the five-hour surgery is pretty extreme, and due to previous tests, they bumped me up from a thirty percent chance of making it through the surgery to a fifty percent chance. I said I can live with that. I have other tests next Tuesday, and if everything is okay, I will have the surgery on August the twenty. I am scared but hopeful.

Mrs.A

Well, Hawk,

Fifty percent is much better, and sure you're scared - anyone would be - but keep strong and know you will be okay. I really believe that our attitudes can go a long way, and a positive one is the best. I will think of you and look forward to your return to let us know how you're doing.