When to change: Frequency and benefits

Replies
Views
iMacG5

Hey Lavern, somehow I missed your Aug 2 reply.  There's also a product named "Stop Plus" that's a good deodorizer.  Hollister's "Adapt Lubricating Deodorant" didn't seem to work as well and I don't think Ileostomates need lubricants.

Please let us know how you're doing.

HarleyDoll, you can call NU HOPE for the hernia belt information at 1-855-527-8639.

Mike

NotDeadYet

Pooey on that! Change as you need to, in order to make yourself comfortable!

Change BEFORE the pain, BEFORE the leaks. Your ostomy nurse sounds like a woman who can handle self-deprivation and weather-out pain. Good for her! The rest of us, however, have no desire or need to do so. We'll change BEFORE we have leaks or pain, thank you! And YOU. KBD, need to join us in taking care of ourselves, and to heck with your crabby ostomy-nurse-who-doesn't-get-it. Change as often works best for you so you are comfortable and never have to feel pain or discomfort. At all.

I found out the maximum bags allowed by my insurance, and kept them coming. Once I decided that it was best for me to change daily, I was happy to have a steady and large supply coming in.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.