Preventing & Treating Pouch Rash in Hot Weather

Replies
Views
streetrod
Aug 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Can anyone tell me if they get a rash on their leg under their pouch during the hot weather and if so, what do you do to prevent and cure it? Thank you, Steve.

kbd
Aug 14, 2016 4:01 am

Maybe try antifungal cream.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

streetrod
Aug 14, 2016 11:23 pm

Thank you for the return message. I use that already. It works, but I'm wondering if there's any remedy on how to prevent the rash.

Mrs.A
Aug 15, 2016 12:16 am

What about just using some underarm antiperspirant there? Seems to me since it happens during hot weather, antiperspirant might be helpful.

streetrod
Aug 15, 2016 12:30 am

Mrs A, I'll try that. Thanks.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
Mrs.A
Aug 15, 2016 12:43 am

Immarsh
Oct 16, 2016 4:30 am

Hi, I just read your posts, and although the season has changed, I thought I'd answer. I have very sensitive skin, and can get a "heat" rash easily from damp skin, especially when the pouch rubs against it (on my belly). Female underwear is different than males, and I fold up the pouch, so it fits in the elastic bottom of my panties. But I also use Z absorb, which is an antifungal powder. It's an over-the-counter item, and works very well in leg creases, and anywhere the pouch touches. But be careful not to get it under the wafer, as it will impair adhesion of the wafer. Good luck. Marsha

streetrod
Oct 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks for the reply, Steve

Hanaleah
Apr 07, 2017 2:22 am

You need to change the type of pouch you are using. I would suggest that you look at the Coloplast.

They are small, they have textile material, they dry very fast after a shower, and they are very comfortable.

Look up the Sensura Mio. I think you will be impressed.