Looking for Better Alternatives to Convatec Diamonds?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Rv

I'm using Convatec Diamonds.

Are there any other products that are better?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ycats

What is a convex barrier? My stoma seems to be receding into my belly. Will the convex help to keep it out?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
LadyHope

Hi Stacy, yes a convex barrier, depending upon the company, comes in a variety of types ranging from light convexity to deep convexity. If your stoma is receding into your belly, I would recommend a convex wafer to help keep the stoma protruding. When the stoma does not stick out, like a small spout, it can cause leakage because the waste gathers under the wafer compromising the seal. Waste needs to be able to flow into the pouch. If you have a wound care nurse or possibly a support group in your area, I would recommend discussing the different types of wafers and maybe giving several a try. Having a stoma, especially in the early days, is lots of trial and error. For me, in the beginning, I had some difficulty with the barrier wipes and wafer erosion. Keep trying new products and you will find the right combination for you. It just takes time, one day at a time. Take care. Have a nice weekend. LadyHope

vikinga

I use none. Just don't see the need for the fuss. (Ileostomy) It's just more stuff to have and deal with.

LadyHope

Hi Vikinga....long time no talk. How are you doing? I hope well. Take care and have a great holiday!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
charrid

This stuff works much better for me http://www.shopostomysupplies.com/p-6112-secure-health-gel-x-absorbent-tablets-for-ostomy-pouches.html

Stomocur product, made in Germany by For Life Co.