Thoughts on Siltac rings?

Replies
Views
xnine

Anyone use Siltac rings? I had one and thought it worked pretty well. I got 13 days of use. It is silicone-based. It was a little tricky getting it out of the pack; it was so sticky and stretchy, but I got it on. Let me know what you think about it if you use it.

Mrs.A

Never heard of them.....it must be Google time.....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,446 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

dls

Xnine, just got on their website and ordered samples of the silicone rings. I have no skin problems regarding silicone, so I'm looking forward to trying them. As these are UK products, are they available in Canada? I'll be going up there soon and wouldn't mind buying a few items to try that I can't get here. Did you order them or buy them in Calgary (too long drive for me). DLS

dls

I mean Alberta, sorry.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

Try the website on the label, they are in Florida. I found one when we did a pack up of surplus supplies for those without overseas. Friends of Ostomates Worldwide Canada.

dls

Canada is far closer than Florida, and I don't know any distributors that carry these in the US. I will check the return address when I get them--How did you get yours? If they sell them in Canada, they sell them all over Canada, so I can get them somewhere in Lower Ontario. I'll start asking around to see what distributors carry them here. I can use any and multiple distributors as long as I don't exceed my limit, which is quite generous. DLS

xnine

That is why I posted, so I could find out more. My supplier does not have them. Like I said, I found this one when doing a pack up.

dls

Xnine, right again. I received four samples on Christmas Eve--really fast service. I've had the same one since Christmas day. These are fantastic: no molding, as they mold to you, no leakage, and the silicone is more comfortable (some may be allergic). I will be contacting them to see if they are the sole distributor in the US. If so, I'll have to buy direct (my insurance will cover it, just more paperwork). I received an excellent letter with additional info (watch the video on their website), and their contact info:

Professional Products & Services Healthcare

Trio Ostomy

8235 Champion Gate Blvd., Suite 33896

Davenport, FL 33896

PH: 1-877-400-1700 FAX: 863-421-9410

www.ppshealthcare.com

They charged me 1.99 USD for 4 samples, but I was able to select the size I needed. The site offers Canadians samples as well, but they want 5.00 for a sample pack. Until we find distributors, it's worth it. Thanks, dls

dls

Huh?

ron in mich

Where do you get samples from? Thanks.

xnine

As DLS said 3 posts up or try the site on the label.

xnine

I tried once again and it was great. I got 12 days. When I took it off, the flange was starting to lift but the ring seal was still good and no sticky goo to deal with.