Recipe

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

In my early childhood, my family would get together for the holidays. It would take more than my parents to prepare for the multitiide of family. Needless to say each family member prepared their special dish. I suppose thats what made our family celebration special, each one contributed ." Wow I remember those days"

That reminds me of our support group (MAO)

Not one of us , are the the same and each member has something different to bring.

S-Encouragement

U-Unity

P-Part

P-Piece

O-Ostomates

R-Reinforce

T-Togetherness

I would like to think the above holds us together.

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

My family still does that sort of thing. Everybody brings their special dishes to a Christmas pot luck...and the support was definitely there. Just like the MAO site. All those things do hold us together! ;You're very, very right!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Angelicamarie
weirdnewlife... the glue the holds it together... so very true!
Bill

Hello Angelicamarie. Yes! we still work together on our get togethers. It's so much easier when everyone chips in with homemade food and effort.

There are a few who come and enjoy themselves without participating in any other way but we still welcome them as guests and they participate in the company they bring.

It's also, just as you say with this site. It's so much better for us all when we all muck in and help each other with 'food-for-thought' and the effort to take part in whatever way we can. Those who don't participate overtly do occasionally let us know how much they appreciate our company and this makes the group a cohesive and supportive whole.

Thanks for another pertinent post.

Best wishes

Bill

Angelicamarie

Bill...there are some in my fam, that never chip in too. (Smile) we love them too!)

The differences that are brought makes it a great dinner and group. Lets face it, it's like you told me be yourself!

That's whats makes (it's tasty and interesting)

Thanks

Angel

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

Everyone take a piece of humble pie.

Angelicamarie

xnine...True