Irrigation Problems. Help

Replies
Views
robby123

Hi there. The name's Rob. I've had a colostomy now for just over 10 years, and it ain't caused me any real problems. The last 9 years, I have been irrigating every other morning and it's been great. But for the last 6 months, it just ain't worked at all. I haven't changed my eating habits or general lifestyle. I'm just unable to control the output now. Any ideas, anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW, if you see me online, just call. I'm a very friendly English guy who is always willing to chat.
Cyas, folks.

lisam3

Try the two-piece system and you might find that the irrigation problem might be eliminated. Good luck....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hello Rob,
I'm relatively new to this site and have just read your post.
I too live in the UK, have had my colostomy for 10 years, and have been irrigating every day for 9 years. I've recently had to give up irrigating because I've been recently registered as blind and am finding it very difficult to do now. However, I have tons of experience in irrigating mine in just about every situation. I'd like to help if I can.
If you think a chat would help and I'm not online, please feel free to reach me at **email removed**.
Just one thing before I go, I take it that you've discussed the changes in your irrigation with your stoma care clinic.
Best wishes,
Richard