Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,301 members

Staple/stitch removal post-barbie butt question

Posted by Gemd, on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Got my barbie butt June 12 have staples and stitches. Surgeon says usually he takes out some post-OP week 2, then remaining,  week 3. But he is in vacation the entire 4th of July week according to his scheduler  (he told he he had Monday and Tues available but she said he requested vacation those days). So they scheduled me for July 9 afternoon. Taking all spaples and stitches in one swoop, 4 weeks post OP. Is that "ok"? Wont they have healed over so I basically have to have mini surgery to get them out of the inside of my skin by then? That will hurt like hell. He didnt want to do 2 weeks post OP as that date was really only 10 days post OP, too soon.

Reply by Longroad78, on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 am

Happy to hear your surgery went good with no issues.

I had nothing but stitches on mine and I had them removed around the fourth week, there was issues for the doctors team getting to the stitches because the skin made it hard for the doctors team to get the scissors in to cut them and the thread was like fishing line, hard to cut. It was painful I think it was 7 areas they cut and I was in pain as they cut the stitches loose. It only hurts for a moment but it felt great once they were gone. 

Reply by Sasquatch, on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:40 am

My surgeon used disolvable stitches for mine, there was no need for him to remove anything.  At four weeks post op, I still had a little drainage from the wounds, mean they weren't completely healed.  At five weeks I was released from any restrictions, but there was still a minimal amount of drainage.  My guess is it will be OK, probably not pleasent, but OK.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:55 pm

I think mine was in longer than that! Closer to 5 and six weeks! They will be fine. It does not hurt to have them out. Maybe a little pinch here and there.

Puppy

Reply by judgelori, on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Im new here and i really need go know what a Barbie-butt is!!! Lol

Lori

Reply by Mark1070, on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Lol.  Barbie and Ken have no hole back there. It's when everything is removed and sewn shut. :) 

Reply by judgelori, on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 pm

Oh!!   Cool.......i have a barbie butt, too, then!!!!  That was the weirdest thing that i ever heard of when the doc said he was gonna do that.  Lol....still getting used to the feeling of it....

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.