Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,316 members

quick moving fluids, food?

Posted by warrior, on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:19 pm

carnation instant breakfast, the powder mix provides essential vitamins, minerals. Only bother is, it goes right through me. If I want a quick liquid result, this does it for me. What about you? Do u have something you eat or drink that makes you "go" right away, or perhaps binds you up? Do tell.

Reply by Tickpol , on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Still trying to bind.  Sugars are the enemy.  They supercharge processing and, of course, in our modern world its in everything.

Bananas work to a small extent but that might be a function of only having 6 feet of bowel left.

Dave

Reply by Penguins7, on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Hey Warrior,  I drink the Kirkland complete nutrition shakes.  They do go thru me at a quick pace but are a good alternative to eating anything before I go to meetings.  Cashews, peanut butter and rice are the binding foods for me.  Stay well.  Penguins7

Reply by warrior, on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:55 pm

ave u tried sugar free marshmellows for binding?H

Tickpol wrote:

Still trying to bind.  Sugars are the enemy.  They supercharge processing and, of course, in our modern world its in everything.

Bananas work to a small extent but that might be a function of only having 6 feet of bowel left.

Dave

Reply by Nobagjerz, on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:28 am

Eating steak 🥩 binds me up.granola with my instant breakfast drink keeps me solid.every time I eat salad 🥗 I’m runny if I don’t eat a lot of bread 🥖 with the salad.when I need vegetables I drink V8 juice 🥤it doesn’t give me gas ⛽️. I have one good meal a day and drink a lot of milk 🥛 milk is a solid. I eat a lot of grits and cheese granola hamburger 🍔 and hotdog. hope this helps 

Reply by Bagface, on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Warrior-Since my reversal 6 months ago, stool is very loose. I find that marshmallows and applesauce work best for firming things up.

Reply by Tickpol , on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:34 pm
warrior wrote:

ave u tried sugar free marshmellows for binding?H

Tickpol wrote:

Dave

Hadn't occurred to me that such a thing exists!  I'm game if I can find them!

Thanks for the idea!

Dave

Reply by warrior, on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 pm

they do exist and ostomates swear by them. Now I eat them raw but put over a campfire, orgasmic. 😊

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.