Ostomy Memories of Robert Frost

Replies
Views
HenryM
Jun 14, 2022 7:36 am

ON MY WALK THIS MORNING, I bumped into Robert Frost.  “I thought you were dead,” I said.  “No, I just ran out of rhyme,” he moaned.  “What are you doing in Florida?” I asked him.  “Is that where I am?”  “I’m afraid so,” I told him.  “I thought that I took the road less traveled,” he said, smiling sadly.  “Afraid not,” I said.  “Florida is the nation’s third most populace state.”  “Oh my,” said Frost, “perhaps the road not taken is where I should have gone.”  “That might have been better,” I suggested, “because I doubt there are any poets in Florida.”  He ran his gnarled fingers through his thick white hair, looking around.  “Which way is north?” he asked me.  I pointed.  “Well, I’m off,” he said, and started down a new road.  “With luck, by November I’ll once again be stopping by the woods on a snowy evening.”  I smiled and nodded at him as he trudged away from me.  Then I came home to read some poetry.

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

SallyK
Jun 14, 2022 11:14 am

On his journey, maybe he will see birches before the dust of snow.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,859 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe
Jun 14, 2022 2:04 pm

Henry - For some reason, this morning's "memories" reminded me of a pic I have stored in my photos.

Mayoman
Jun 14, 2022 8:30 pm

That reminds me of an old joke from Yogi Berra, I think.

"I came to a fork in the road and I took it"... have your cake and eat it too!! Take both roads LOL...

HenryM
Jun 14, 2022 9:05 pm
Reply to Mayoman

Yes, and I was thinking of the great Yogi Berra when I wrote this post:  "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."  I regard Yogi as a preeminent philosopher.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
SallyK
Jun 15, 2022 7:59 pm

Or perhaps he will be stopping by the woods on a snowy evening to view a mending wall.

Mayoman
Jun 15, 2022 10:34 pm

Perhaps indeed!!!