Anybody using the Trio Siltac silicone ostomy products?

Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi Gang,

After checking out the Trio website I wanted to get some samples, so I just called Trio's customer service number, and as is my luck got connected to quite the moron who knew nothing about their products and couldn't find a spec sheet. So before I waste another second with these guys I was wondering if anyone has tried their silicone ring and associated products and can let me know your experience. Below are the questions I was trying to get answers to, so if you've tried these products please tell us how they worked out for you.

Thanks,

bob

How thick is the smallest size flat Genii Silicone Ring?(Figuring 2-3mm, the customer service idiot said "less than an inch I think", so I politely said Good Bye)

This ring is placed between my skin and my Hollister barrier, like my hydrocollodial Hollister ring....so does silicone stick to hydrocolloidal adhesive on my Hollister barrier?

Your video says the rings don't break down and are reuseable........for how long?

Does your Silken silicone gel fuse to the silicone ring? If so, how do I remove it to reuse the ring?

Are there any issues with the Silken gel adhereing to my Hollister barrier's hydrocolloidal adhesive (I assume it's made of the same silicone in the Genii ring)?

Will my Hollister barrier stick to your Elisse skin barrier spray?

Do I need to use your Elite adhesive remover to remove the Elisse barrier spray, or is it just a 'nice to have'?

Justbreathe

Just a thought... (I have them every now and then)... This customer service person was obviously absent on the "size matters" training day....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob
Reply to Justbreathe

Yes, obviously. And he was a guy!

;O)

Daanders

I had to switch from Eakin seals to silicone a few years ago.

Justbreathe
Reply to w30bob

Many thoughts, no comments.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Audrey Warren
Reply to w30bob

Bit chauvinistic

w30bob
Reply to Audrey Warren

Chau·vin·is·tic - adjective; displaying excessive or prejudiced support for one's own cause or group, in particular showing male prejudice against women.

So......unless you and your girlie friends have a persistent anxiety about the size of your penises...............there's nothing chauvinistic about it. Maybe it's more a penis-envy thing on your part. Then again, maybe not.

;O)

Briutz

Hi Bob, I'm with you on this one, if a company interested in actually selling a product employs nob 'eds in the only department open to the outside world, then the person who employed him should be sat on a sharp spike reading microscopic leaflets on the thickness of Genii silicone rings and presented with a small measuring stick to show him how much an inch is bigger than the thickness of his penis, providing he has one. I can't tell you how useless modern customer service departments are in this all consuming Internet system of buy it now and send it back tomorrow 'cos it doesn't bloody fit or it's the worst pile of shite you have ever had the misfortune to see in your life, but try as you may to talk to something alive???? no frigging chance!Companies who make or sell medical supplies have no excuse for anything less than the very best in quality, whether its the service they provide or the goods they sell, we all know how much money they charge regardless of what financial status the customer has. I tell you Bob it's a shame that we require what they sell because they don't deserve your money, for me, they can shove it up their arse! I'd rather try somewhere else. I think I'm an ok sort of a guy but honestly, I confess, I don't suffer fools.

Nice to chat Bob, keep up the good work,

Brian

AlexT

Never heard of them but may look their site over.

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Do you know who was chauvinistic? Napoleon.

Briutz

Hello CC and good morning as it is just nicely turned 8'30 and the Sun is here with its summer hat on and promising me a glorious shirt sleave day, which incidentally, living in our Yorkshire Pennines isn't as often as we would like...but I digress ..so back to the concept of the chauvinist, who usually attracts the lovely English expletive, 'bastard'. You know I think in the course of my lifetime I've met as many women as I have men who would easily fit under the shroud as 'chauvinist bastard' if we altered the gender aspect of the description. My own sweet old grandma had 16 off-springs ( yep 16 ) and for some unknown reason, haha, she didn't lean towards the male side of the population and would have fitted in perfectly. I remember asking her quite simply, where's the sugar grandma, and the answer was, up t' Shah's ars'ole on t' second shelf you bloody 'ammer-thorn. I worshipped the ground she walked on, loved her deeply as did my brother, she dealt with the female side of life with pleasure and anyway, what the hell is a sodding 'ammer-thorn! She could turn any male counterpart into a bag of sloppy jelly within 10 seconds with a superb tirade of her very own interpretation of Kings English. Well she's one of the more loveable examples but there are plenty ofboth genders out there, certainly for me in my lifetime anyway and I'm happy to say I don't meet many nowadays.

Just saying...

Brian

Axl

Hi Bob, they are available in Oz too. I contacted them here and they sent out quite a lot of samples. I liked the idea of the silicone rings. Applying them was easy, but my skin didn't like them very much so I had to go back to the salts which work fine for me. Shame as it seems a good concept. I did notice they didn't have a powerful grip to my skin, didn't leak at all, just peeled off very easily but stuck to the appliance no problem. I don't remember exactly, but they were typical o.d.'s and maybe 2. My memory is they seemed thin, but no noticeable difference in dimensions to anything I have used. I didn't bother with the gel as my skin didn't like the rings, comes in a toothpaste type tube. And yes, they didn't dissolve at all when I was using them. I don't know about being reusable though. Give 'em a go.

Axl

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

Hi Alex,

I wasn't familiar with them either. I remember someone mentioning them sometime back, but they weren't available here in the states. And then the name came up recently... I think it was Beth22 that mentioned them in a reply... and I decided to see if they were available here yet. Turns out they're on Amazon and everywhere else, so they're here. I'll post the link to their site below. The link sounded promising, and being new here I expected them to have good customer service to interface with a new market... but I was wrong. Or maybe I just got the wrong person on the line. I'm going to try calling again and if I get another Ding-Dong I'll just request samples via the online form. If they're as good as claimed it could revolutionize the ostomy barrier community. But as Axl indicated... like everything out there... they're not for everyone.

https://trioostomycare.us/siltac/

;O)

w30bob
Reply to Briutz

Brutz,

Brilliant! You just said what so many feel! Thanks for that!

Cheers,

Bob

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Napoleon again? But you got the French connection right. From our wonderful friends at Google......."The word originally arose in the 1830s and comes directly from the French chauvinisme, which was eponymous with a fellow named Nicolas Chauvin." Since chauvinism directly relates to male superiority, you'll find it's been around since the dawn of time. I mean, God did make Adam first, right?

;O(

CrappyColon
Reply to Briutz

Brian, she sounds like she was a lot of fun.

Did she have any twins? Or were those all singleton pregnancies? I'm thinking of all the childbirths with no pain meds. My physical therapist said to me the other week she didn't know how I didn't end up with c-sections for my babies. I almost died in childbirth with the first, and the second the baby almost died, so I'm really not much good at that. My daughter is a force to be reckoned with, and it's her mouth and brain not her stature that will take her places...good and bad probably. She has laryngitis right now and I don't think our home has been this quiet since she started talking. My son said to me the other day that women have killed men's confidence... I told him no one gets to take your confidence away, it's your choice what happens to it. When he's being foolish, I remind him I didn't almost die bringing him into the world so he could act like that. It's really hard trying to raise good humans in today's world. I tell them we don't have to agree with what other people think or be friends with everyone, the one thing I say over and over (I'm hoping it's sticking) is that we treat everyone with kindness and respect. And not to talk politics with the great-grandparents. And if they make a statement political or otherwise I want to hear the facts to back it up and they're not just repeating something someone else said. I wouldn't let my daughter order some really cheap clothes from 2 online companies that are popular right now. I told her to find out a few things... is child labor involved? Do the workers earn a fair wage? Is their work environment safe? Could there be forced labor with no pay? What would happen if an employee became sick/hurt would they still have a job to return to? I'm trying to teach them to be critical thinkers which is exhausting. I have all these parenting books I haven't had time/non-distraction space to read, but I'm hoping they're helpful.

Now I have to go find out if my one kid inherited my ADHD this afternoon.

Hope your sunshine stayed for the day!

-Jodie

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Yeah, Adam came first and then God may have wanted to improve on his original design and voilà we have Eve.

-My French word is more fun

Briutz

Oho CC, nice 'parry' there, super sword swishing' .... Watch out Bob and remind me to be careful not to argue with this fine lady,

Best wishes CC,

Brian

xnine

https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9497

xnine

I do not think there is anything to reuse.

w30bob
Reply to xnine

Ah.....maybe not X. I read that the Genii rings aren't affected by output and the Silex extenders can be removed and re-applied, so I just assumed they could be re-used......like most silicone products. But I went back and didn't see where it said they were re-usable. I did send them that question though. Too bad, wouldn't it be nice to just have to buy one seal and set of extenders!

;O)

PS...I ordered samples this morning and they've already shipped them. At least they're efficient!

w30bob
Reply to Briutz

I hear you, Brian... she's a handful for sure! Now she's throwing violas at me. Next, it'll be a kick drum.

Just don't call her 'Crapster' and you'll be okay.

;O)

Briutz

Hi Jodie, our day and accompanying weather was astoundingly good. You know,.. the time changes between the different locations around this fine blue world we've borrowed, leaves me with anxiety wondering if anyone at the other edge of this cosy place will bother replying, or indeed, have I even sent mine in time for an answer. So today has been a great experience 'cos my wife and I have only just left my favourite young ladies 21st Birthday party and with 4 tumblers full of very palatable cocktails (over the course of the afternoon I might add, I don't normally drink!!) and I can feel myself slowly floating back to normality. I have also had ample sufficiency of local belly grub and crave some antacid before proceeding..=-* ** ahh that's better, so my reply has probably missed the boat.

Yes my grandmother was literally bounding with fun and humour, errrm but she didn't really know that and our response increased our knowledge of Grace Ellen's colour-full English language. We loved to go there and called every day after school leaving for our evening meal as she lived across the road from us,.. those were the days as the saying goes. Unfortunately we learned very much later in life after she passed, that her husband (who died before my brother and I really knew him, thank god) was a dreadful man and used to beat her very badly for his own pleasurable needs whenever it suited him to do so. Sadly, we had the ultimate pleasure of only Joe, Albert, Walt', George, Fred', Emily, Vera and Edith our mother. The other 8 never had the good fortune to taste life with what turned out to give us a family full of the most wonderful times with memories that never fade.

No twins though Jodie,... This story has never gone out of the family before but they are all hopefully reunited now...and...knowing this, and after the humour in my mind settles, 'cos she still brings a smile... I can't let it go without saying, how the hell did Grace Ellen and any other vulnerable woman live through such an inexplicably bad time with a beast who should have been a resident in His Majesty's care, and in the mean time suffer the loss of 8 children. No Health services for her in those days, she suffered at home and however useless it may be, I can only wish I could have known about it much earlier in my life to share how proud Grace Ellen has my brother and I today. Why the aversion to men?.. mmm! no contest there then,

On a lighter note, you seem to have your own family well in hand and I applaud your dedication to keeping your children abreast with the unforeseeable both now and the future, not enough people are concerned with thinking anything through nowadays because too much is processed already, it's bandied about on every Media platform until our modern younger generations grow up soaking in what they think is absolute! The trouble as I see it is that half of the bloody 'would be knowledge' is written by 'know nowt' knob 'eds sitting at home in front of a lap top. I can't remember how many times I've read the messages,... anybody and his dog can write anything on the internet with no qualifications at all, and then,... don't believe everything you read in the newspaper. Food for thought ???....So you keep doing what your doing because most probably, no one else will. I believe in good books, almost read the print off mine.

Had my fingers crossed on the adhd today.

Best wishes,

Brian

CrappyColon

Brian, I'm going to have to send you a message so I can hear more Grace Ellen stories. I can't imagine going through what she did and coming out of it as strong as she did. I think... and this may be too much generalization that because of how women were treated in patriarchal societies, there has been a bitterness passed down by each generation and toward who... well, the opposite sex, who else really was there to blame? I watched a guy get up during a church service today carrying a tiny baby and a diaper backpack when the baby got fussy. And I thought that would never have happened with my grandparents, parents ehhhh but still most likely mom, but whatever generation I fall into and below dads are so much more involved in parenting than they ever were. I remember with my grandfather-in-law when they came to meet our son, I had gone and placed the baby in his arms and I heard some other family whispering that he'd never held a baby before. He had 2 sons so I assumed he'd held at least them. Guess not. Did you have 4 different concoctions or 1 you had 4 of? You better not have been driving, Mister. I know I'm younger than you but I'm a mom, we say things like that.
My son's test was inconclusive so that's good I guess and we can focus on some other issues.

w30bob

Hi gang,

So I'm finally getting ready to try these silicone rings... I've been wearing one on my left (non-stoma) side under my ostomy belt for 3+ weeks now and there's been no irritation that I can see. I had to wait until now before I could try one as I had to deal with some skin irritation around my barrier on my right side that I wanted to fully clear up first. Back when I started this post, I asked folks on here if these silicone rings were reusable and was told no. But that bugged me a bit, since it's silicone and isn't affected by output and such. So this morning I peeled off my 3+ week old barrier ring, cleaned it off under running water, and let it dry. It's now as good as new, just as sticky and not deformed in any way. But I figured I'd just called Trio and asked them if it's reusable, so I did. Is it me, or is everyone else finding that 'Tech Support' in general is non-existent these days? Do they just hire people who can answer a telephone, but know nothing about what the company is selling... or am I just getting too old? I called the number on their website, it picked up, and a nice guy asked how he could help me. I told him I had a question about their Trio Silicone Ostomy Rings and said sure, what can I help you with? I said... are they reusable? I got dead silence for a few seconds followed by an uuuuhhh... well... uuuuuuhhh... yeah... ummmm... but we don't recommend it. And I said 'why don't you recommend it'? Another long pause and he said... well... uuuuuh... if you want to reuse it I guess you can... but I'm told to tell you we don't recommend it. I said does it break down or somehow degrade in any way? And he said... uhhhh... no, not really. So I asked again why I couldn't reuse it. But by this time I could tell I wasn't going to get any new information out of this bloke, so I just said 'thanks' and left it at that. Me thinks they don't want to say it's reusable for two reasons... the legal liability... and the reduction in sales. I'm going to experiment with this a bit and report back... but I got a feeling these are going to be a very cheap alternative to Hydrocolloid rings if they can be reused indefinitely. But maybe I'm missing something here... if anyone has tried reusing these guys, please let me know why it didn't work, skin irritation issues aside.

Thanks,

Bob