Urostomy pouch failures

Replies
Views
arzena

The urostomy stoma is close to the incision site.

there is still seepage from the incision site and the seepage of body fluid causes the glue on every pouch tried to fail.

Is there an offset pouch that would move the pouch further away from the incision?

Is there a glue or a pouch with glue that will withstand the attack of the body fluids?

The ostomy nurse has tried every brand but all fail.

Bill

Hello arzena.
I make my own baseplates to suit my circumstances.
The glue I use is called 'Probond' and is designed for prosthetics. It is a very effective glue which could easily be applied to the 'normal' pouches.
Experimentation is the key to finding personal solutions to these sorts of problems. 
Once, I discussed my problem of the appliance leaking and dislodging with Dansac, who sent me some samples with a different, much stronger glue. The problem then became how to get the device off when I needed to. 
It was after that, I started to make my own baseplates. 

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,618 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ron in mich

Hi Arzena can you cut hole for the stoma off center or more to one side to move the wafer/base plate away from the seepage?

Beth22

Hi there .. where is your incision site is it midline incision? I have had to reconfiger how I do my bags due to my midline inch being left open to heal on its own. What brand do you use ? And are you covers the incision with any gauze ?

Happy-but-Newbie

Had the same issue right after surgery...the way to go is the opposite...ensure fluids from the incision are correctly captured....change dressing multiple times a day, use absorbent type of dressings...

And lots of stoma powder until it stops seeping (for me it was 10 days post drainage extraction)

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bryce

I think 'Happy' is on to something. There must be a type of dressing you can put on the incision to stop the the weeping. I'm thinking something like the Styptic Pencil men use for shaving cuts but without the sting. Something with a lot of Alum? Best