Brava Barrier Strips Causing Dermatitis Despite Using Barrier Spray

Replies
Views
PatriciaSz
Jan 19, 2024 6:09 pm

I am using a barrier spray underneath but still getting irritated. It helps my barrier stay put longer. I read reviews on other brands, but they say they don't stick as well. Any suggestions?

AlexT
Jan 19, 2024 8:30 pm

I've never tried that brand and don't use them often, but the Adapt/Hollister ones turn my skin pink from irritation right away.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,862 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Kas
Jan 19, 2024 11:03 pm

I have the same problem - instant pink and a burning sensation. I've tried the Hollister and Coloplast brands - same outcome.

w30bob
Jan 21, 2024 3:32 am

Hi Pat,

I haven't tried the Brava strips, but before you try another brand in their place, get some samples of the others and put each one on your skin on the other side of your body to see if they irritate your skin before you put them around your barrier. Leave them on as long as you plan to wear them around your barrier. You should find out pretty quickly if your skin likes them or not. And it won't be messing with the skin around your barrier in the process.

;O)