Is High Output Due to Not Drinking Pedialyte?

Replies
Views
NICUMOMMY3
Mar 06, 2024 3:48 pm

Hello guys, it has been officially 2 weeks being home again after being in the hospital for 2 weeks with the baby. I am now coming back on here since I have some time. A question for the community! I've noticed that the baby's output has been doing super good when drinking Pedialyte these past couple of days. Today though, I noticed an increase in a matter of 2 hours basically, and she was dumping, which was a lot. It concerns me that she might have to rely on the Pedialyte for her output to stay thick and low. She has been on sodium chloride for her dehydration and Pedialyte as well. We cracked the code. They wanted to admit the baby and administer TPN because her CO2 levels were low; everything else was normal. We as a family were able to figure out how to help her. But I just need people's opinion on continuing the Pedialyte for the low output and thickness.

AlexT
Mar 06, 2024 6:22 pm

I would think that god-awful tasting stuff would hydrate a baby and actually make output more “watery”. 🤷‍♂️ Good luck, must be tough with a little one with issues.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

infinitycastle52777
Mar 06, 2024 9:33 pm

I wouldn't think that not drinking Pedialyte would cause high output and liquid output. Are you doing anything else differently? Any other change of diet or giving something else to replace the Pedialyte that might be aggravating the ostomy?