Suggestions for Medical Adhesives for Flanges?

Replies
Views
Desilu
Mar 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Someone suggested Adapt 7730, apparently hard to find, but I am doing a search. Any other ideas (this is for a flange)? I sometimes waste a brand new flange after a doctor or hospital appointment. Thank you all!

Bill
Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

After the withdrawal of Adapt 7730, I tried all sorts of alternative adhesives. Then, it occurred to me that a stoma pouch is in fact a prosthetic.

I then tried a few prosthetic adhesives and the best of these for my purposes was one called 'Probond'.
However, all the others worked quite well but they each had irritating aspects such as: Those that were 'white' in colour tended to leave a lot of residue which was much harder to remove than the clear versions. 
I also found that the Probond prosthetic adhesive came with a small application brush, which turned out to be much better than the 7730 spray inasmuch as I had/have much more control on where it lands.
 I have recently had a discussion with my stoma nurse, who was dubious about any adhesives other than those specifically for stomas. However, I think she has fallen fort the manufacturer's advertising hype, because the prosthetic glue has been researched and developed for sticking to all types of sensitive skin. and I have now been using it for 12 months without any problems at all. 
I would highly recommend it  as a replacement for 7730.
Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

VeritasSeeker
Mar 13, 2024 10:49 pm

Not sure what your application is, but I have been using Hypafix to tape down the edges of my barrier for 10 years. My biggest complaint as a new ostomate was peeling of the edges of my wafer (I use a two-piece from Coloplast, Sensura Mio). When I would sweat or work out, the barrier would begin peeling nearly instantly. Since using Hypafix, I get 5-7 days between appliances. I get a 10 yd roll from Amazon for about $6 that lasts two years.

aTraveler
Mar 14, 2024 9:51 am

Ten Aces Med (medical adhesive spray) has a replacement that works as well as 7730.

https://tenacesmed.com/

Ravna666
Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

I use a product called Skin Tac… absolutely terrific as long as you don't have to change the appliance often… it really keeps things on for a while.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
aTraveler
Mar 20, 2024 6:48 am
Reply to Ravna666

I've used "Skin Tac" and it does make your skin tacky. I keep a bottle around.

https://torbot.com/product/skin-tac-adhesive-barrier-liquid-4-oz/