Traveling

Replies
Views
bikerboy

Hello all, Bikerboy here.
I've been working here in Japan for the last month and having fun too. I'm going to make a funny segment called "Traveling with Greg's Bag," with pictures of where my bag has been. I'm flying back home next week for some rest and spend time on my Harley. So take care to you all, I miss everyone.
Bikerboy Greg

Pinky

Hi Bikerboy Greg - glad to hear from you...I've been having to speak up for San Diego all alone! Happy to hear you are taking a break - just in time for the beautiful spring weather here - we definitely don't have enough bikers riding the Palomar Mountain loop just now.

Have a safe trip over. I'm in daily hyperbaric oxygen treatment (being an ex-sailor you probably know what that is) - have definitely missed your funny posts.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hi Greg,

That segment sounds great. You will have to come over to Australia and get some pics in beautiful North Queensland, and drop in for a few beers and a BBQ (cookout). I plan on going over to the states again this year or early next, but this time it will be with a stoma and bag. Do you find it a hassle when you travel? Have you any tips? And because I have to take 4 weeks' worth of bags and base plates, do you ever get hassled with all the medical crap you have to take with you? Any tips would be great. Noel
bikerboy

Well Noel, I like to mess with the airport screeners. I wear my clear bag and I show it to them for fun to see if they get sick. It's my revenge for feeling me up. Make sure you get an aisle seat. It saves climbing over people to use the restroom. If I eat the airline chow, I have to use the toilet every 2 hours because my big fills with gas very quickly. I have to get up every hour just for gas. After I got into Japan, the food is great but I'm not used to eating there and my output was very low until my stomach got used to it. I'm a welder and mechanic on a navy ship, so I'm climbing in and out of small holes, so I packed extra wafers and bags. In 1 month, I've only used 5 wafers and 5 bags. I used to go 3 weeks with a wafer, but my skin was taking a beating and I was getting sores, so my doc said put a new wafer more often. I've never been hassled by anyone and if someone asked what was under my shirt, I ask them "do you really want to know?" and they forget about it. I always say think what you're going to need then double it. I use the Hollister flexible wafer and get great wear time, if I want to. As a rule, 1 wafer every 3-5 days. I know women are squeamish, but a bag can be rinsed out and used for a month or more, so... Whereabouts are you going to be in the colonies? If you're in California, I can meet you anytime. Good luck Noel and happy travels.
Bikerboy Greg