Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,086 OstoMates

Once A Week!! Group Chat( Consensus ). The Optimistic Hour

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Hello ostomates 

Appreciate mooza’s efforts in grouping ostomates in the chatroom 

working hours, time zones, the website practicality, in the toilet (lol) etc. However, let’s try this weekend and let’s make it work.  

You don’t have to stay all day long. If we can set an hour on Saturday / Sunday will be a good regular thing.

I’m sure there were people who tried this before but this time, let’s just see how many ostomates could the chat room handle this time out of curiosity wink 

Just reply here whether its Saturday or Sunday and the time that suits u ... group consensus will be taken and highlighted in a separate topic by Friday night GMT

Reply in the formula     examples.1...(. darious,  this Saturday ,12pm, GMT  )

Example 2   ( darious , next Sunday 8 am GMT )

I WILL PUT  EFFORTS FOR IT TO HAPPEN AND SO SHOULD YOU 

think about it this way.. u have a problem and asking for help in this group chat. wouldnt it help if you get advise and opnions from 10 osotmates at the same time. 

Think I am by far the least optimist member on here.  SO WHATundecided, good things come from where you never expect. It will be optimistic and informative. IF U DIDNT FIND IT THAT WAY, I TAKE THE BLAME..

Thanks

chat soon  

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 pm

WILL BE THE FIRST TO HIGHLIGHT MY SUGGESTION FOR THE OPTOMISTIC HOUR 

Darious ( this saturday 12 Pm GMT)

I am free at this time,, AND YOU?

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:14 pm

A few of us meet in Chat on Friday nights at 11 (Eastern US time). Guests are always specially welcome. BTW, I noticed a large number of people signed in late last Saturday afternoon. I did not have time to visit Chat, but I bet it was pretty active. Maybe that's a good time to log on.

About 3 years ago the Chat Room was busy every evening with an average of 10-15 people at a time. I remember discussions were lively, even sometimes feisty, and there often were separate conversations going on at the same time.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:08 am

It would be great to have a special time, we can set aside all kinds of times and days if we want smile.

I'm an early riser so early to bed on work nights. Friday evening is still best for me less we have a day time chat EST. in the States.

Mrs.A    ~ Saturday anytime after 10a.m. and before 10p.m.~

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 am

Hi all,   I was away from the site for awhile, and when I joined again,  was sad to find very few people in the chat.   I would love to have it back...  Fri or Sat night...11 EST would work well for me...

During the day...not so much.  For those of you in Australia, you're 14=15 hours ahead of us here. 

Can we make several different times....to accomodate different areas...

I'll try to log on around 11 pm .....to see if we can meet up.

Miss many of you...

Marsha

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:41 am

You can plot & plan , write out time tables & spreadsheets  , you can use an atomic  clock or a sun dial . You can book an on line spot  or take pot luck . Wether you live in  Much Binding in the Marsh  or Bongo Bongo land . Its in the lap of the gods wether anyone else is in the chat room when you log on , & in the great scheme of things does it really matter .

In the 7 yrs I have been in & out of the chat room , I have probably managed, about , 35 mins worth of chat with another human being !!!

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 pm

What he  (vulcanBMk2) said.  

You could just leave the chat open all day while you are home and listen for the ding, I suppose. I leave Skype on from the time I wake til I retire for the night - whether I talk or not, just in case someone has something to say to me.  

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks for your replies and your suggestions. Hopefully more people could reply and give suggestions in the near future. I have tried to accommodate to everyone’s free time, but time zones were bit tricky to manage.YOU GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE NOWtongue-out JUST PICK A TIME THAT SUITS YOU THIS WEEKEND

I have set a timing for (Saturday) 18:00 EST,,,,,, 23:00 GMT,,,,,, (Sunday) 09:00 AEST,,,,,, 12:00 NZT.

There is also another group that welcomes everybody on

(Friday) 23:00 EST ,,,,,,,,, (Saturday) 04:00 GMT,,,,,,,,,, 14:00 AEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,17:00 NZT

HOPE i got those timings right..undecidedzzz and hope it fits everybody 

C YA on the chat room

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Tsk, tsk, tsk darious.  I just read your note up there, while bitching to myself about military time and est and pst and rsvp whatever those all mean, and noticed you were online. So hopped in the Chat Room to say HELLOOOO...

you weren't there.  LOL

I don't come on much anymore so doubt I'll make any of those times even if I could figure them out. The only one I think I understand is Friday at 11 p.m. eastern time.  Had to count on my fingers for that one. 

Hope life is treatin you well.  Hugs

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 pm

It’s different and I’m reluctant to admit it.  I’m not good in a chat room because I can’t type quickly enough and I think much slower.  But just sharing “Hellos” or “Where you from” in the chat room felt like I was sitting across from or next to the other person(s).  That was great.  I felt a closeness to the other folks but uncomfortable with my ability to keep up with them.  I’m thankful for this forum and when I get the guts to chat I’ll give it a shot.  In the meantime I feel blessed with the communication here with so many bright, caring folks.

Thanks to all,

Mike

Past Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:07 am

I might be late-ish to friday @ 23:00 EST, but i will still try to make sat @ 18:00 EST

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:45 pm

This time of the year I can hardly pin point a time or day as my schedule is not regular. Retail work is busy right now. I stopped in today to find the chat is new. I tried to chat with the others who's pic and names showed up and the green light near their name, I was thinking meant they were in chat, but didn't get any response from any of them.

Guess I will have to read the threads and see what is new....

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.