Disposable Bags

In this discussion
Replies
Views
estrogen

Can someone explain to me what Co. has disposable bags and how they work?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Southern161

Hi Estrogen,

I have a colostomy. Disposable bags are exactly what they are vs a drainable bag. Disposable bags, when they get filled or usually halfway filled because of the weight, need to be thrown away. If you're going to use disposable bags, keep plastic grocery sacks when you shop so you can tie them up in the grocery bag. I tried disposable bags in the beginning but found out the drainable bags worked out better for me. If you end up with diarrhea (which you will sooner or later), the disposable bags fill up faster and you go through more bags. Your insurance, Medicare, Medicaid will only pay for a certain amount of bags each month. This is the reason I switched to the drainable bags. Well anyway, I hope this helps you out some.

Hollister, Convatec, Coloplast, and others all have disposable bags.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mild_mannered_super_hero

There is a company that makes disposable pouch liners. They are cheaper than pouches, and they will provide you with samples to see if they work well for you. The name, from memory, is Colo Majic. Try Googling that. Regards, mmsh.