Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,337 members

Stealthbelt Users?

Posted by Stu54, on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am

Yes I have stealth belt I thought after seeing all the advertisements about them that it would solve all my problems & I could live a near normal life & do all sorts of thing they say or show people waterskiing diving even reports of people doing thought mudder assault course. Well I can’t do very much at all the belt has not done much for me & to be honest I don’t see that it’s possible for the belt to help you do all these things my advice Just don’t believe all the hype about them. But you can try for yourself I live in the UK It took 5 weeks to get it not cheap & I even got caught for customs charges import duty £50 on top of purchase price.

Reply by Jamcoop1, on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 pm

My husband loves the Stealth Belt!  It was a game changer for him as he could tuck in his shirts, not feel the pouch dangling vertically all of the time, sleep and shower with it on and feel like he is not wearing a pouch at all.  Great for sports also.  Absolutely was worth the price - he bought two of them. It took him 48 hours to adjust/adapt to it.

Reply by Ranger2705, on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:41 am

Had my colostomy in Dec. of last year. Bought the stealth belt pro and wear it 24/7. Couldn’t be happier. Thought it might be too hot this summer but has not been a problem. Have gone swimming in pools and the ocean. Wear a swim shirt so doesn’t show. Never had a leak. Was a little concerned about the horizontal position but hasn’t been much of an issue. I just run my hand across bag from time to time to push any output to the side. All in all best $130 I have spent since surgery. 

Reply by Xerxes, on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 pm
w30bob wrote:

Hi Guys,

  First off.....Xerxes.....love that name!  That's like being named Thor or something cool. 

Just FYI based on your comments.  The makers of Stealth Belt now make one that lets the bag hang vertical instead of sideways.  I'd bet a number of folks complained about the same problem you're talking about.  It's located on their website under Everyday Wear and it's called a Vertical Belt.  Here's what it says;

Vertical Belt  $124.00


The Vertical Stealth Belt is the alternative version of our most popular belt, the Stealth Belt Pro. The vertical orientation of this belt style is there to accommodate those who have high-output... Read Moreileostomies, urostomies, or simply prefer to keep their bags facing straight down. It is designed to support and conceal the ostomy appliance while providing all-day comfort. Features include: Easy access zipper, Expandable pouch compartment, 4" Range of adjustability, Double-locking closure system, Moisture-wicking fabric. Read Less
Weight 1 lbs

 Wow, that's expensive.........and it looks like the makers are targeting medical insurance to help pay for it, hence the high price.  Still looks unusable for me due to the fact that I need something very simple to empty.  Plus I'd wear that zipper closure out in a few weeks.  But it must work for some folks. 

regards,

bob

 

Bob, Thanks for the info on the vertical stealth belt and thanks for the compliment about my name.

 

Xerxes

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:35 am

Hi ostomy Friends❤️I have another hernia and I need a nice belt I think will that help, I have been doing to much I guess, doctor said I didn’t need a belt well months later And I know we have one when they do a stoma but they should tell us to ware a belt?! But anyway please let me know please which one what to do because I guess from lifting boxes my hernia got big😢I don’t know what to do I don’t know what belt there not cheap also know everyone is different but any info would be greatly appreciated thank you Victoria 

Reply by Tickpol , on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 pm

Looking at the stealth belt I think that what they're saying is the belt can survive whatever you try to do.  I learned as a kid that PF Flyers DIDN'T make me run faster, or jump higher (60's kids sneaker that had that advertising claim).  I see the stealth belt as helping appearance (cosmetics) but in no tangible way aiding in performance.  

This is my 2 cents and after 20 surgeries (more than one hernia) my rule of thumb is that if you wonder if you should do something because of weight or other strain don't do it.

I have used a true support belt (a foot wide with an opening for my appliance) AFTER detecting the hernia and prior to surgery.  I wouldn't consider one as a preventative in any way other than as a reminder to be more thoughtful about respecting my body's limitations.

 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:59 am

Hi 😊Thanks everyone who shares there information on belts!! Thank you 😊 I want a soft, but strong kind of not so costly,but anyway I don’t think of price if it works so can anyone tell me any experiences they have or had!! I’m also in more pain😢im

trying to get anything that will help me figure out what I need thanks in advance for the help and support here people care and love ❤️ each other lol 😂 well we do help the situation because we all know it there for life and we need to figure 😊it out! I know people that don’t have our problems they have no idea!•••••• on me but I know I have to try to make it feel and look so great

Tickpol wrote:

TimeToGrow

I see wraps on their site but not really "belts".  They have a number of wraps; which do you have?

 

Dave



Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 am

Hi Everyone hope your all enjoying there holiday weekend and I also want to add, how awesome this site brings help and friendship!! 🙏😊👍I just got scared haha 😂 my happy 😃 is really making a lot of noice! Any way It’s been very hard to accept but I must say it’s the reason I’m sitting here writing, this stuff isn’t easy to figure out but with help and experiences from others I will say it does help... I don’t know with the belt? Seems like I can’t get comfortable with something over my happy 😆 stoma 🙏please enjoy and write when you can enjoy the holiday weekend I’m not doing anything different today! But thinking fall is coming 😢🍁How’s Everyone doing? Hope everyone is well and dancing around and feeling good!! I’m not going to complain anymore 😊❤️have a great day!! Hugs 🤗 Victoria 

Reply by w30bob, on Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:22 am
Tickpol wrote:

Looking at the stealth belt I think that what they're saying is the belt can survive whatever you try to do.  I learned as a kid that PF Flyers DIDN'T make me run faster, or jump higher (60's kids sneaker that had that advertising claim).  I see the stealth belt as helping appearance (cosmetics) but in no tangible way aiding in performance.  

This is my 2 cents and after 20 surgeries (more than one hernia) my rule of thumb is that if you wonder if you should do something because of weight or other strain don't do it.

I have used a true support belt (a foot wide with an opening for my appliance) AFTER detecting the hernia and prior to surgery.  I wouldn't consider one as a preventative in any way other than as a reminder to be more thoughtful about respecting my body's limitations.

 


Tickpol,

  I hate to disagree with you, but I call it like I see it.  PF Flyers definitely made ME run faster, and you were just "uncool" if you didn't have a pair.  That was until red Keds and Converse All Stars took over the top "gotta have" shoe postion back when people were normal.  But without my PF's.........my brother could easily out run me in a race. With them I kicked his ass.  Now stepping on a stone in bare feet at full stride may have had something to do with it.........but having my PF's on always prevented that. 

Later Bro,

bob

Reply by Tickpol , on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:51 am
NewlifeVictoria wrote:

Hi 😊Thanks everyone who shares there information on belts!! Thank you 😊 I want a soft, but strong kind of not so costly,but anyway I don’t think of price if it works so can anyone tell me any experiences they have or had!! I’m also in more pain😢im

trying to get anything that will help me figure out what I need thanks in advance for the help and support here people care and love ❤️ each other lol 😂 well we do help the situation because we all know it there for life and we need to figure 😊it out! I know people that don’t have our problems they have no idea!•••••• on me but I know I have to try to make it feel and look so great

Tickpol wrote:

TimeToGrow

I see wraps on their site but not really "belts".  They have a number of wraps; which do you have?

 

Dave





Search "Ostomy Support Belt" in Amazon. You should be able to get away with something that'll help you out for around $40(US).

 

What I found is that it will depend on how tall you are for how wide but wider is better than not.  Too wide and you can't bend over!

Pay attention to the opening size.  If the opening is too much bigger than you appliance width it will wear away at your seal as you move.

Make sure it's breathable.  You 'd be surprised how much heat you generate under there (in my mind neoprene is only good if you're going to emerse yourself in water).

Make sure it's washable.

I've got one that is a single, horizontal elastic band from top to bottom.  I have another that has about 4 horizonal elastic bands.  The first one makes me feel more secure but the second one is more forgiving if I'm bending over.

Make sure it's washable (I really mean it LOL).

 

Hope you get relief soon!

 

Dave

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:21 pm

I have been very pleased with all of my Stealthbelt products. Definitely worth the cost. And much better than any other product I have found. Even though they show their products with bags being worn horizontally, they will make any of their belts to be used if bag is worn vertically. Have a good return policy.

Reply by Tickpol , on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm
lawheeler3 wrote:

I have been very pleased with all of my Stealthbelt products. Definitely worth the cost. And much better than any other product I have found. Even though they show their products with bags being worn horizontally, they will make any of their belts to be used if bag is worn vertically. Have a good return policy.


I'm a high volume ostomy person.  I can put out over 300 ml within 45 minutes of eating and/or drinking.  I'm not sure if my volume  allows me to be a candidate for a stealth belt.  I'm hoping that someone else who's high volume could share their experience.

 

Dave

Reply by w30bob, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi Dave,

  Being short gutted I'm high output too.......I could easily triple your numbers, but it's not a contest.  For me I need to know exactly how full my bag is all the time.  It's those times that I forget that I'm not a normal human being and don't check that I run into problems.  It also depends on the shape of your stoma.  If you got a good one that your barrier seals well all around that would make something like the Stealth Belt a more viable option.  Mine is a bit wacked and one side is flush while the rest is raised........so you can guess where it leaks, when it does.  I just watched the Stealth Belt video on their site again.  I like the belt part for barrier support, but would have to cut the bag holder part off.  The way I check my bag all day is to simply put my right hand under my shirt and feel the bag.  With the Stealth Belt that wouldn't really be possible.  I also empty it way more than most folks, so anything that adds to the emptying process is not a positive for me.  I'm pretty sure I'd wear out their zipper in no time. 

  Now I've had my ostomy for 5 years this past September, and I've been slowly reducing my output as I better understand how to properly hydrate, assert a little self control when eating and by determining my body's natural cycle for bowel activity.  What I'm saying is in the past I used to drink and eat way too much for fear of losing weight and dehydrating.  I'm learning I don't need all that food and drink, as most is just passing thru because my limited bowel absorption surface area is full.....as in there are no more parking spots, so whatever flows in leaves just as quickly.  I'm also understanding better how the stomach determines when to dump contents into the small bowel based on composition........so I can reduce my output when I have to, but it's still not at a quantity most ostomates are familiar with. 

  So for me the Stealth Belt is a no.  It would just complicate my frequent emptyings.  But if I ever get to a point where my frequency and volume of output get closer to the norm I'll definitely look into it. Or more likely just make my own.  But I can see how it would be very beneficial to folks with less output.  Just embroider a Nike swoosh logo on it and you might just start a major fashion trend.......as other athletes will see it and think it's something that gives you an advantage.  Now wouldn't that be the shit if people started wearing ostomy bag covers as a fashion statement!  Ok......on that note I'm done.  Have a great evening.

regards,

bob

Reply by Tickpol , on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:42 am

Bob,

 

I'm right there with you although I'm miles behind in learning how my "new" gut is functioning.  I'm still at that stage of keeping someitnng in the pipe at all times; it's been hell trying to put on weight.  I don't think I'd have the confidence to wear the stealth belt on a day-in day-out basis.  I do have a special occasion coming up in December and keeping my shirt untucked isn't a viable option.  I'm thinking of getting one for "occasional" wear but I aspire to someday know my gut well enough to be able to take advantage of one.

Appreciate your advise and the articles you've shared.  Still pushing back on the ORS but I think that at some point we all arrive at the same destination. LOL

 

Dave

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 pm
Tickpol wrote:
lawheeler3 wrote:

I have been very pleased with all of my Stealthbelt products. Definitely worth the cost. And much better than any other product I have found. Even though they show their products with bags being worn horizontally, they will make any of their belts to be used if bag is worn vertically. Have a good return policy.


I'm a high volume ostomy person.  I can put out over 300 ml within 45 minutes of eating and/or drinking.  I'm not sure if my volume  allows me to be a candidate for a stealth belt.  I'm hoping that someone else who's high volume could share their experience.

 

Dave


I have high output as well. I have to empty every hour even if I haven't eaten. Though I don't wear it every day, when I do it has not been a problem. 

Reply by w30bob, on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:52 am

Hi lawheeler3,

  That's good to know.  As I learn to better control my output maybe a Stealth Belt might become a viable option.  I'm not consistently in the "emptying once per hour" group, but that's a nice goal to shoot for.  But I'm working on it and who knows........I might just get there......at least for parts of the day.  But for now I'll keep experimenting.  I bought a sewing machine last year, taught myself to sew and I've been making bag covers and such from different materials.  Maybe I'll make a Stealthbelt clone and see if I like it.  Glad to hear it's working for you, as it looks like a decently made product.  I'm certainly not trying to dissuade anyone from trying it..........by all means, have at it!

thanks,

bob 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.
All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Currently online: 5    
1 members & 4 visitors
lovely (f)
 
 
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest online community for people with an ostomy.
If you have questions or just want to meet and chat with others, join us and enjoy our great community.